Hammock
    13 foot La Siesta

Urgent help needed with suspension

I am very frusterated mostly cause i cant picture what i need here is what the end of the stand looks like
    https://www.byerofmaine.com/ceara-hammock-stand.html

All i need to do is something simple to attach a dutch netless hammock to this stand the customer service just could not explain anything to me i ordered continuous loops as my suspension can someone please give me a picture of what that entails and what i need to hang this so i can order my hammock and get out of that vivere hanging a hammock to a stand is not a hard thing but i have to picture it in my head to do it know what i need dutch customer service was not that helpful actully they were down right maddening

Images
    The Dutch netless will be an 11' hammock, which may or may not have a structural ridgeline, depending on whether you ordered one with it or not. If you did, the ridgeline will be ~110" long, and the continuous loops will extend beyond the ends approximately 8" per side. 110" + 8" + 8" = 126" although this is just a ballpark, and assumes the continuous loops are horizontal, which is not ideal. Ideally, you want to have approximately a 30 degree angle on the suspension.

The stand you linked to lists a minimum span of 124". So a good first step might be just to assemble the stand and simply loop the hammock's continuous loops over the mounting points on the stand. If you want a little less distance, try looping the continuous loops around the stand mounting points more than once to shorten them. That might work, but it might also result in the hammock suspension being too tight or too loose. Hard to know without trying. If the 124" is too close, the stand looks like it has a few fixed adjustment points, up to 149". You could add adjustable suspension, like straps or whoopie slings to the stand if using one of the longer spans. The downside with that could be that the sit height of the hammock will end up too low, and there's no height adjustment on the stand. Also keep in mind that whoopie slings have a minimum length because of the way they're built, and that minimum length is probably at least 12" if not more.

So again, I'd suggest as a first step, wait until you have the hammock and stand, then simply loops the hammock continuous loops over the ends of the stand and see what you think. From there, decide if you need to add any adjustable suspension components.

A final suggestion is to relax. Breathe. This is not an "urgent" matter. Being frustrated will not make anything easier.

Hammock
    13 foot La Siesta
    I am just cranky thank you
    I think i better explain this a little bit the urgency came in. i was not sure i could order the new hammock until i undertood the rigging, customer service and i were not communicating well aNd i was just so frusterated cause the heel pain has been getting really bad, and i just need a solution . 5 days with bad sleep takes its toll since i sleep in a hammock full time. its really imporant i cant sleep in a bed cause my back pain will not let me sleep at all. so my only option is a hammock. i am sorry if i came out a bit crazy. i found i had some exra rigging to help attach things when it comes. i think i will be ok but might need some future advice.

Thanks again
    Ashley
    Last edited by Festinalente; 06-17-2019 at 21:50.

Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    The stand you linked to lists a minimum span of 124". So a good first step might be just to assemble the stand and simply loop the hammock's continuous loops over the mounting points on the stand.
    I agree with this approach, and having taken a look at the stand via the above link, seems like a good first step. If the hammock has amsteel loops on the ends, that might be all you end up needing. If not, cmc4free's idea of adding some adjustability seems like it could be a good solution. You might need only one end to be adjustable, and that could be done a number of different ways. When the stand and hammock are delivered, post a few pics and someone will no doubt come up with a workable solution.
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

• + New Posts