Thread: Thank you!

Thank you!

Well, I had my first big hammock adventure and I wanted to say “Thank you!” I camped in my hammock for a week in the mountains of Georgia. It was such a smooth experience because of all that I have learned from this community and of course, our YouTube stars From getting the right gear to learning how to tweak it just right. There is a lot more that I can say, but I’ll just say thank you again!
    https://youtu.be/XDa1io7yk58

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DH Darien / WBBB
    Tarp
    HEX Asym / Minifly
    Insulation
    HG Econ 40
    Suspension
    Beetle/ Cinch
    Images
    Nice to hear you!
    I would say the same! Have learned a lot here! There's no better place!

I'm jealous of your week in the woods. From the photos it looks like you were prepared. I see a gear hammock, a bottom entry bugnet and I think we've got the same tarp.
    Cheers.
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

Thank you!

1.4 11’ HG hammock, bottom entry bug net, Quest tarp, 2T’s hammock chair (which I loved to keep my other gear off the ground) and 15 foot beetle buckle suspension with Dutch clips. I also made sure to add some shoe string drip lines which worked like a charm. It rained a few nights and you can kinda see in one of the photos, the dry spot my tarp provided. And about the tarp... I ask in another thread if I needed to seam seal the Quest tarp... Based on experience from members here, I chose not to and stayed dry as can be. My gear sling was also on shorter spider/poly straps with whoopie hooks. I didn’t have shoe strings to that but tied my shoes to the line. Those shoe strings did get wet, but kept my gear sling dry. Luckily my shoes were water proof. I used my hangtime hook for hanging my headlamp and hat. That’s one thing I know I want now is a gear organizer to charge my phone. I used my chair for that. As far as keeping warm, I used a HG 20° enconomy burrow and incubator. I didn’t really need them till about 2am. I still hooked up the incubator before bed and then pulled out the burrow from the gear sling whenever I got cold. Which brings me to one last piece of gear. I stuffed both quilts in a Sea to Summit water proof bag. I didn’t test how water proof it was, but it worked great for keeping the bulk down.

Whew... anyway I think that about covers it It was a great trip!
    Last edited by Coffeeneone; 06-10-2019 at 07:47.

Sorry, but I have a few more honorable mentions... tarp sleeves, Loop Aliens and reflective guy lines. All three helped in big ways with either setup and take down or just not tripping over my lines in the dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner Bridge
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 13
    Insulation
    Lynx, hangtight
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    So glad you had a great experience! That's gratifying for experienced members to be able to see how their advice pays off for newcomers! I'm a newbie myself and try to post how my "practice sessions" go
    ~~~NJHEART2HEART Dawn~~~
    "Seek God, Embrace the Journey, Leave a Legacy of Love"

• + New Posts