Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    13 foot La Siesta
    Well if this stand does not work i do have the option of hanging it on the wall at least where i am now so that is a option i have always hung the head lower then my feet which was better. The stand came today now i am waiting on the hammock.

Ashley

Hammock
    Hamelin Hammocks
    Images
    this blew my mind. never really thought about positioning yourself and the levels of the huggers. awesome im jealous. just goes to show my inexperience haha. badass pic

Hammock
    13 foot La Siesta
    One thing about hammocks the more you use them. The more you learn i have been sleeping in them for a year and this post and the experence is still bringing everything together but its worth every min if i can just get it right

Ashley

Hammock
    13 foot La Siesta
    O my my rig came in the mail today as predicated by many here. i can not as it stands now i cant get my head lower then my feet without scrapping my butt on the ground i am not sure how i feel about that i am going to be fiddling with this for a long time. however i am laying flatter. I have much more leg room i am laying much flatter i love the knotty mods and the double layer is great i can stuff it with all sorts of padding and nothing slips and moves around its a start at least.

ashley

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    What if you picked up some 4 x 4's and put them under the hammock stand - picking it up 4 inches? I don't know what the base of your stand looks like but I'm sure some kind of bracket could fix it to the 4 x 4's so it won't slip off. If you butt is just scrapping, instead of "sitting" on the ground, maybe the 4 inches will be enough. It's not ideal, but off the ground is off the ground, be it inches or feet.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    13 foot La Siesta
    I kinda compromised a bit. i got the head at least 4 inches lower then the feet so i am oriented more to the middle of the hammock, i am not too low the ground but this is a extra wide so if i postion myself diagonally very diagonally almost side to side i have a very nice flat lay and with the knotty mods my feet are in the foot box its not perfect but o my goodness, i am headed in the right direction. i think i can get down a bit more if i want. i just dont like too much sag, but i need enough to spread the hammock fully. i did sleep like a freakin baby though, so much more room, Even with all the problems i am so glad i got an extra wide this is an amazing hammock.

Ashley

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12