Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I spent last night in the hammock with my insulated air pad and bag that I'll be using in a few weeks. I slept very well. The temps dipped into the low 50's and I found myself having to get out from under the sleeping bag a bit to keep from getting too warm. I went lighter on the clothing knowing that I could just go inside if I needed to. When actually out camping I'll likely layer up a little more. The pad did a good job of keeping my back and shoulders warm. I was a bit concerned about shifting off of it as I tend to be a bit of a restless sleep due to numerous shoulder injuries but found that once I got myself comfy I didn't move ore wake up all night.

This website has been immensely helpful in getting myself set up quickly and with minimal trial and error so thank you to all who contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by TreeBeard13 View Post
    Do you have a tarp?
    I do, I have a warbonnet mini tarp. I am not much of a wet wether camper so I feel the mini will be fine for me for those "just in case" scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by arcana73 View Post
    If your top cover is going to stay in that direction/lay, you need to move the tie outs in the picture to the opposite end. The tie outs should be near your head and foot on opposing sides. Look at the pictures for the chameleon lays on Dutch's site and you should get an idea.
    Got it figured out the second time around. It's much roomier when set up correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last night was the first night of my week long camping/ mountain biking trip and I slept great. I used my air pad and 0 degree sleeping bag and was warm most of the night. It took a bit to finally get comfortable and I had to get out at one point to adjust the air pad but once I did it was great. I rode 37 miles of amazing mountain bike trails today and am looking forward to another cozy night. IMG_9312.jpgIMG_9322.jpg

You should use some camper tie downs to secure it properly.

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jackweathers223 View Post
    Now those should keep it from blowing around too much, although they appear to be a bit heavy and bulky for bikepacking.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Little_twin View Post
    Thanks everyone for the info.

Shug, your videos and info were and continue to be immensely helpful and informative. Thanks for all you contribute.

I'm going give my setup a test run later this week and I'll be sure to report back. I did get a double layer chameleon so hopefully that helps with the pad.

Yes, I have always loved Shugs videos. Please make more.

Quote Originally Posted by jackweathers223 View Post
    Those look like they take a bit of time to set up and take down.

Night two was the same as night one.

Nights three and four were more eventful. I got into Washington and was greeted with rain, and quite a bit of it. I got out my warbonnet tarp, got set up, and off to sleep I went hoping to not wake up in a pool. Night four was less rainy but still drizzled all night. On the fourth night I had my first experience with condensation on the air pad. I didn't even notice it until I pulled the pad out to pack it up and saw wet streaks at the low points of the pad.

IMG_9327.jpg

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12