New budget hammock

So I was in the market for a new hammock due to watching shugs videos and seeing how all of his hammocks are at least 11 feet in length. I was browsing Amazon and came across Go! Outfitters 11 foot by 70 inch basic hammock. Great reviews so I ordered it and added the amsteel ridgeline for it. Took it out this weekend and slept like a baby. So much more comfortable than my eno hammock. Not knocking eno but being a larger frame guy I needed the extra length. It started out as a $45 investment and I just ordered the complete whoopie sling suspension system from Dutch. Looking forward to going out again.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    SLD TW/HG Econ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

New budget hammock

if you like camo, Dutch has some True Timber 11' netless hammocks in the closeout section for $30. Then again, you already have a hammock, but Dutch's netlesses are probably the best deal in hammocks around, and hand made in the US.

I realized that earlier. If I would have known I would have ordered it from him. But the one I got was a veteran owned company so I got to help a veteran.

Tarp
    Outdoor Skye 10x10
    Insulation
    JC Penny Throws
    Suspension
    daisy chain straps
    This looks like a good deal at $29 for the hammock. and their other products look promising too. I wish I saw this before I bought my netless wide from Dutch!

That cord or whatever it is on the back side to control the floppy fabric may be unique. I've not seen that before. I guess it accomplishes the same thing as knotty mods. This is a cut above most of the me-too hammocks offered on Amazon. Their ridgeline and suspension are a bit pricey, but at least they offer both and seem to understand the necessity of both. Their video is amusing as well.
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

New budget hammock

I have used it for 1 night so far and it sleeps great. I didnt use the tie outs for the extra fabric because it really didnt bother me. All in all it is better than any of the other hammocks I have used. That being said I have only used eno and a couple other off brands.

• + New Posts