Tarp
    WB Edge/SF
    Insulation
    40/40 30/20 20/0
    Suspension
    Woopie

40 degree Incubator

40 degree Incubator review.

I have used a 40 degree shirt for several seasons now. I am 5'8" and bought the short to cut back on weight and bulk. It did its job keeping me warm but because the geometry is wrong for my size I was forcing it to slip under me when st an angle and would wake up with my back cold.

I sold the short and replaced it with a regular length one. Last weekend we went out in pretty windy conditions and a wet evening. I was not nervous about the low of 51 degrees but the added wind and wet made me worry. I didn't bring my under quilt protector and forced my self to get out of my comfort zone. I could have easily brought my 20 degree.

Long story short I had to reach back and tighten my secondary suspensions on my shoulder side and I think my hang was too low on my head end sliding me too far up but all in all I stayed warm and felt zero wind robbing my heat. The trees were moving my hammock but my heat was where it needed to be.

I trust the 40 degree even more now!!

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Ah - I was going to ask if that was a mini-fly but now recognize the photo from your post in another Sub-Forum.

Congratulations on your testing the edges of comfort. When I don't snap the TQ gather at the head end, I'm usually reminded of it in the early, cool, morning hours. If I'm concerned, I have a light "puffy" sleeping jacket. But usually an added balaclava is enough.

Did you position your hammock over that big root just so you could show it to your tenting friends - without saying a word or, "Root? What root?, Oh that thing. It's noth'n."
    Last edited by cougarmeat; 06-25-2019 at 21:09.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Edge/SF
    Insulation
    40/40 30/20 20/0
    Suspension
    Woopie
    I had to look at the picture for the root. I’m so used to not worrying about the ground and what is poking up!!

• + New Posts