Darien
    Tarp
    HG Hex
    Insulation
    HG and CRO
    Suspension
    Kevlar-Lapp Hitch

Rent a WBRR?

I am curious if a WBRR hammock would be a good fit for me, but don't want to jump in and purchase. Also, not sure if this request fits the forum guidelines, so please correct me if I am wrong here. Would any of you multiple Ridge Runner owners be willing to rent one out me? I am thinking 2-4 weeks so I can test it a few nights at home and on trail. Thanks.
    "Walking is man's best medicine." - Hippocrates

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    If you don't find someone local- let me know.

The tough part is you need to trust each other enough to rent something... what's a fair price to charge and how do you cover a deposit. That said- it's a good idea and many others on here have done gear swaps between each other.
    It's easy to say to 'go to a group hang' but laying in somebody else's bed for few minutes is different than spending a few nights in something.

I have a double layer I picked up last year during the turkey day sale. I can't personally use one but figured I'd get one to have for demos/potential customers to give them a chance to see the RR side by side with one of mine.
    I don't have any plans to head out soon so it's mainly collecting dust. I ship to your area a good bit and it's roughly $15 or so each way to give you an idea.

There are lots of folks in your area though so hopefully you can find someone local.
    Warbonnet does have a pretty good return policy... but I appreciate you doing your best not to abuse it!

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    While this type of request is not normally posted in a WTB area, I am going to leave this up for at least 7 days as there is not a good fit for this request any place else.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Warbonnet has a good return policy - I tried mine and ended up returning it with no questions asked.

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TallPaul View Post
    Warbonnet has a good return policy - I tried mine and ended up returning it with no questions asked.
    Same here. Ordered a single layer, didn't care for it, no issue to return.

No judgement intended, this is a great community, but just to be blunt, a lot of us know each other on here by years of posting and many even know each other personally, getting together for hangs / trips etc, so you're not going to get a lot of takers on the RR offer as we just don't know you. You're most likely a good person but this is the internet and unfortunately just joining a month ago only having six posts.........well. I'd go with Tall Paul's suggestion if it has to be RR specific though I think Bill's generous offer will at least let you know if you like bridge hammocks and you can go from there.
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

Hammock
    Darien
    Tarp
    HG Hex
    Insulation
    HG and CRO
    Suspension
    Kevlar-Lapp Hitch
    I certainly understand your concerns, and no offense taken whatsoever. I just wanted to see if it was a possibility. I had also contacted Warbonnet and was aware of their return policy. Thanks for allowing the post. I'll reach out to Bill and go from there.
    "Walking is man's best medicine." - Hippocrates

• + New Posts