Images

Separate but not hammock/tarp suspension.

I've been playing with this idea lately, has seemed to work well so far but if serious weather were predicted I'd probably go the intended method until I get to test in bad conditions at home.
    https://imgur.com/a/TLWqBlM
    I can loosen the tarp CRL and drop it all the way to the hammock, rain is a non issue but I think some good wind might cause the tarp to lift as high as the guy lines/fabric stretch allow. Maybe some small soft shackles from the tarp ends and around the hammock suspension would only allow it to lift a small amount and can just be put in place if weather looks to be taking a turn for the worse? I like this method for saving the tree bark and CRL, setup doesn't seem to take much longer which is only a problem if it's already raining but if it's already raining them I'm probably already wet anyway so a little more isn't so bad.

To hold it down, you could add a second line (whoopie sling or whatever) running from the end of the tarp down to the hammock CL, and tighten them when needed.

Alternatively, I just have separate loops of knock-off zing-it that go around the tree, and attach to the CRL. Way faster to set up than a normal CRL (no need to take the whole thing around the trees), and has basically all of the benefits of this setup.

Images
    You're full of good ones, I'll be trying out some constrictor loops for pulling the tarp down to hammock and then the tarp version of tree huggers if the first idea doesn't do well enough for me to keep the tarp down.

• + New Posts