Top quilt recommendations

Has anyone spent the night in July near/at Camp Daniel Boone? I can see the temp forecasts at the nearest weather station, but wonder if anyone had experience at the camp elevation in mid July. Not sure what top quilt to take? I usually use a piece of fleece in the Summer and wonder if that is sufficient at that elevation. I will probably tote the 40 degree quilt just in case though.

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC/Eldorado
    Tarp
    HG dyneema
    Insulation
    Diamondback,wookie
    Suspension
    Spider/Beetle
    Images
    I have not been in Camp Daniel Boone but have been in that area a bunch over the years in July and had it get into the low 50s high 40s plenty. I'd bring the 40 degree quilt. But then again I have been living in the Keys for the last 25 years and enjoy being warm.

Hammock
    DIY 1.6 Hyper D
    Tarp
    UGQ Penny Pincher
    Insulation
    HG Econ UQ + TQ
    Images
    Our Boy Scout Troop went to Camp Daniel Boone last year during the 3rd week of June. I took an old Sports Authority-branded 40* bag and was plenty warm. I also used a Klymit Static V as additional padding on the 'army' cots provided in each tent. I don't remember seeing any temps out of the low 60's. Our issue was the rain and resulting humidity. Clouds get caught in those valleys and have to basically rain themselves out.

Just FYI - if you have have any Scouts planning on swimming, prep them for FRIGID water. That lake never warms up.

Quote Originally Posted by vagab0nd1 View Post
    Our Boy Scout Troop went to Camp Daniel Boone last year during the 3rd week of June. I took an old Sports Authority-branded 40* bag and was plenty warm. I also used a Klymit Static V as additional padding on the 'army' cots provided in each tent. I don't remember seeing any temps out of the low 60's. Our issue was the rain and resulting humidity. Clouds get caught in those valleys and have to basically rain themselves out.

Just FYI - if you have have any Scouts planning on swimming, prep them for FRIGID water. That lake never warms up.
    Thank you. My son signed up for the polar challenge when he heard how cold it is! Sometimes they have to learn the hard way

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Anywhere of elevation, not good to rely on normal summer stuff. Quilts are easy to vent anyway, always better to have more.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    UGQ top & under
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Agree with Dakota... very easy to vent down quilt. I also use liner ... so ifwarm enough I use liner only. If it gets chilly at night I pull the UGQ (down) out.

• + New Posts