DIY
    Tarp
    9' Noah
    Insulation
    Primaloft Gold
    Suspension
    Webbing N Cinchbuc
    Images
    The structural ridgeline is used to set the sag of the hammock so that it doesn’t change every time you hang the hammock. It is permanently attached to the hammock. You can make it adjustable until you find the right lay/sag. The bug net generally hangs from the hammock on the structural ridgeline and when the bug net is attached to the hammock it generally requires a structural ridgeline to ensure that the sag is correct so the bug net is not ripped. The tarp gets it’s own ridgeline and can be hung first separate from the hammock creating a dry place if you have to set up in the rain.
    The essential part of me can not be discussed here. Ask me in person.

Quote Originally Posted by sunsetkayaker View Post
    The structural ridgeline is used to set the sag of the hammock so that it doesn’t change every time you hang the hammock. It is permanently attached to the hammock. You can make it adjustable until you find the right lay/sag. The bug net generally hangs from the hammock on the structural ridgeline and when the bug net is attached to the hammock it generally requires a structural ridgeline to ensure that the sag is correct so the bug net is not ripped. The tarp gets it’s own ridgeline and can be hung first separate from the hammock creating a dry place if you have to set up in the rain.
    I leave mine adjustable anyway: I prefer a different amount of sag when I'm chilling in it to when I'm sleeping in it (both of which I've marked on the ridgeline).

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeJansen View Post
    I live in Northeast Ohio and ride a gravel bike on road-like surfaces and a fat bike on trail/off-road like surfaces.

I've started getting into touring on my gravel bike (racks/panniers) and just got into bikepacking (frame, handlebar, seat tube bags, etc) on my fat bike.

I was carrying a tent but picked up a hammock from a local manufacturer during a craft and herb festival in town and I've been using it for mid-day naps on all day rides.

I recently just got a bug net and rain fly and am testing it out for a bikepacking trip with my brother in Michigan in a couple weeks. I have a bad back and neck so I've been looking into the whole laying flat/diagonally. Working out all the kinks (<= LOL) in my setup before the trip.

Looking forward to learning from everyone and sharing my experience as it accumulates!
    Hi Mike I know you are new here. On the donating members side of the forum, we have a bikepacking/hammocking folder where we post picts and talk all the specifics of hammocking with just about all types of bikes you pedal.
    A few years back I was running hammock mtn bike weekends for all my fellow Colorado hammock hangers.

Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    Hi Mike I know you are new here. On the donating members side of the forum, we have a bikepacking/hammocking folder where we post picts and talk all the specifics of hammocking with just about all types of bikes you pedal.
    A few years back I was running hammock mtn bike weekends for all my fellow Colorado hammock hangers.
    Awesome, looks fun!

Well, looky there. A nice new shiny badge of on my profile

Images
    Thank you for your support to help keep the lights on arund here. I hope you find all the new topics in the donating memebrs section worth the 10 bucks a year. I look forward to seeing your first hammock hang/bikepacking trip report.

Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    Thank you for your support to help keep the lights on arund here. I hope you find all the new topics in the donating memebrs section worth the 10 bucks a year. I look forward to seeing your first hammock hang/bikepacking trip report.
    I'm on Instagram at @wadsworthexploration and RideWithGPS at https://ridewithgps.com/users/1224335/. I almost always put stuff on Instagram for cycling and maybe I'll do a RideWithGPS ride report for that one and I can post a link to it. Is there an appropriate forum here for posting ride reports?

I ordered some polyester webbing to make my own tree huggers and some 2mm 1000lb test cord for structural ridge line and miscellaneous things as I "learn the ropes"

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    UGQ top &amp; under
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Welcome to the site. I am thinking about getting a bike to do some bike packing with my hammock set up in AZ

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeJansen View Post
    Is there an appropriate forum here for posting ride reports?
    Hi Mike If you use your hammock put your bike/hammock trip report in the main forums Trip Report folder other wise put it here.
    Sometimes there's just no trees but I still want to mtn bike and camp.

Pro Tip: You can buy (((Tents))) from this forum at super dirt cheap prices.....HAHAHAHAHA
    Last edited by OutandBack; 06-29-2019 at 21:26.

Images
    Mike I checked out your GPS site noticed a bike. With Kenda's Are those small block 8's I ask because they are one of my favorite tires.
    Do you still like the road bike handlebars? Have you tried other types?

Wadsworth, Ohio. I was born just a little East of you in Youngstown. Still have family there.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12