Hiking pole mod for WBRR

So figuring how to shave weight for the WBRR, research and videos suggested the mountainsmith fx monopod with the warbonnet tips as a good suitable hiking pole for such things. All parts assembled together nicely and the tip ends are slightly shorter then the ones on the stock version as they dont protrude as much.

Apparently the all aluminum version of the trekking pole are no longer being made as of 2019. So you could say this is a review of the new version the Mountainsmith Fx Lite, which has a carbon fiber top section and 2 aluminum (I assume the same aluminum as the old ones) mid and lower section with a snap locking mechanism instead of a twist to tighten. This worked out well for me as I only use a single pole anyway.

First go round and it seems to work as hoped. I was worried the new elements of carbon fiber on the pole would be an issue, but Im optimistic about it and time will tell. Ill only use this on the head end and still use the stock foot end pieces.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway:UGQ WD
    Insulation
    UGQ,KAQ,Tewa
    Suspension
    strap/buckles
    Images
    Keep us informed on how it works out. I got all metal ones and never really warmed up to them. Juanchoman was spotting me when I tried them out and they klnda bowed on me. I'm pushing 250 so I think for now sticking with the bars. I did sleep all night with the poles.

Good to know and I will im right at 200 myself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Did they go to an external locking system? Also, the weak point for the poles is the tip assembly-since its made out of plastic. (I had one fail one night---shot the pole like an arrow into the woods--scared the c#$p out of me! There is a way around that situation-- This worked pretty good for me--makes the tip much stronger --this was for the old aluminum poles. Should work ok with the new https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...76#post1788776
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

• + New Posts