Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    WL Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    0 Zepp/Ren...UGQ
    Suspension
    straps w/ RL
    Images
    yes, it's a Wilderness Logics (OWL logo) and if it's 13' it has to be an Old Man Winter, because the Bullfrog only went to 12' and Marty only worked with Silnylon, Tenacious Tape is amazing, and Dutch sells it. be careful to clean with alcohol wipes a spot bigger than the site where the patch will be. Carefully apply the patch for NO wrinkles!!! otherwise it will leak. best bet, is to peel back one edge and carefully stick it down with the tarp on a table if at home. can make do with it deployed if out in the field. never apply the patch, or seam seal, while it's raining or even damp from dew overnight.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Big Red Love Tarp
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    YUP, follow the instructions on the Tenacious Tape package. I have some hard use items repaired with Tenacious Tape that have been washed and worn for several years. Tape holds tight once it has had a chance to cure.

I just apply the tape to the item on a firm flat surface after carefully cleaning the area with an alcohol wipe.

I would put the patches on the inside, but that is just me. I think your damage is so small either side would work just fine.

I have not tried it, however, some members have dabbed their pinholes with silicone. Kind of a LITTLE DAB WILL DO YA.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    WL Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    0 Zepp/Ren...UGQ
    Suspension
    straps w/ RL
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFISH45 View Post
    YUP, follow the instructions on the Tenacious Tape package. I have some hard use items repaired with Tenacious Tape that have been washed and worn for several years. Tape holds tight once it has had a chance to cure.

I just apply the tape to the item on a firm flat surface after carefully cleaning the area with an alcohol wipe.

I would put the patches on the inside, but that is just me. I think your damage is so small either side would work just fine.

I have not tried it, however, some members have dabbed their pinholes with silicone. Kind of a LITTLE DAB WILL DO YA.
    Yeah that should work with pin holes, possibly even a small slice or larger hole if you can apply a backing... could cannibalize a bit of fabric from something, clean it and the puncture site really well, apply a layer of Sil, then just stick it on.

probably, birds picking bugs from the tarp were the pinhole culprits, I've also had small twigs blowing around in heavy wind do that.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12