Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just ordered the superfly. I actually have 4 tarpworms. I'll have to read up on customizing the superfly, i.e, tying back the doors so they won't flap and rigging up porch mode which I'll probably be using a lot. Thanks again for your help, I think this should work out pretty well for me and definitely should be a step up from the asym tarp.

Images
    You're welcome and I hope you enjoy it. Being a very popular tarp, there are lots of videos about it, and lots of threads on the forum here that discuss different ways of rigging it.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    You may find you will use the doors more than you think. Even if it's not for weather, its good for privacy in public campgrounds.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF Stnd + WP
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by uninjured View Post
    OK I at least settled on a 11' tarp. Still a lot of options to choose from though... The superfly looks interesting but I'm not sure I really need doors.

I went from a gaggle of tarps.. doors, no doors, asyms, 11's, 12's, poles, no poles... to just two (and truth is, if I wanted to carry a few extra ounces all the time, I could be down to one). Both have doors. I keep them rolled and tied back 99% of the time and don't give a second thought to them. However.. when conditions call for them I am so grateful I have them.

My humble opinion.. don't debate the doors..unless you live where the chance of foul conditions is 0%. It's just not worth NOT having them.

edit... just saw you ordered the Superfly. I had one of those too!! Great choice. Try the internal pole mod with the Superfly.. it opens it up so much!! I made the pole pockets for all of my tarps tarps.. if you want a set, let me know.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MikekiM; 07-12-2019 at 05:52.

You wonder why I love to sleep alone, in the woods, in a hammock.. I wonder why you don't...

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD TH / Super Fly
    Insulation
    HG 0 UQ / warm bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I’ve got to again agree with the door Recommendation. Even though I like my Dutch hex tarp a lot if I want a bombproof set up I use a WB Superfly that I purchased here used. Also great option and you will be dry!

For a Weekend with forecast good weather, particularly if it’s warm, I use my hex but for poor weather or longer trips where the FC is not reliable I’ll use the superfly. Great choice on a tarp, you’ll love it.
    The deep mystery gives rise to the spirits -Charc

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I've got a hex tarp but my HG 4-season Winter Palace is my go-to tarp. It can handle any weather.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12