Hammock
    diy gath'd end w/ KM, diy PH whip't
    Tarp
    12' henessy
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, TQ and UQP
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie - msh
    Thanks for the review. It looks pretty darn comfy. I have a DIY cs UQ which is fine but I'm not opposed to using a pad. Wonder how it does in cold weather as far as having CBS? On a side note...nice view! We don't have "mountain" vistas in the lower Chesapeake.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk
    Sailing, ham radio (qrp), linux, diy hammock stuff...
    www.qsl.net/wa4chq/godspeed.html
    www.qsl.net/wa4chq/radio.html

Hammock
    diy gath'd end w/ KM, diy PH whip't
    Tarp
    12' henessy
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, TQ and UQP
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie - msh
    Just looked at the specs...it could have been a little wider at the shoulders....still looks comfortable.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk
    Sailing, ham radio (qrp), linux, diy hammock stuff...
    www.qsl.net/wa4chq/godspeed.html
    www.qsl.net/wa4chq/radio.html

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Yeah it could be a tad wider there, but so far it hasn't caused any issues on the ground or in a single layer hammock. I've yet to try it in my single layer Ridgerunner though, it's just been too **** humid at night here lately. Since I'm right on the water , WHEN ( more like IF) it cools off at night this time of year, the relative humidity goes through the roof. The few nights it did stay low enough with a lower than average temps I tested out 2 * gulp* tents... The Snugpak Ionosphere 1 person bivy tent and OneTigris Backwoods Bungalow 2 person baker style tent. Both are pretty **** neat, but nowhere near as comfortable as even my cheapest hammock lol. I needed a tent for when I go camping with my daughter and her scout troop and aren't able to hang lol. And when I got the tents, I needed a 4 season pad to go along with them since the only one I have is the cheap CCF pad that I used twice when I first started hanging several years ago now. And I punched a bunch of 1" holes in it after the first night to help with built up perspiration , so it's not exactly winter weather worthy anymore lol. I found this one on Amazon and figured it would be worth trying. Their website says it's insulated with foam inside each chamber so we'll see once October rolls around for its up for the task. I will continue to post here and on my video review as I use it during each season. I also just got the Snugpak Base Camp Ops Expedition sleeping bag since I don't have a winter bag anymore, only TQ's. It's rated for 10° with a push to 0°, so I'm excited to see how the pad does with the bag and tents as well as the pad in my hammocks this fall/winter. Oh, and the Snugpak Base Camp Ops inflatable pillow and Snugpak Snuggy pillow..... Gotta have a pillow to right? Lol. YEah, I'm a HUGE Snugpak fan...
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Ugh, weight is a bummer sadly.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hang-loose View Post
    Ugh, weight is a bummer sadly.
    Ecotec also has a version that doesn't have the added insulation in each chamber. That might be light enough for you, although the temp rating isn't as low obviously.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Nah, an airmat in a hammock is even worse than on ground. But there are many mats out there with much better weight/insulation ratio. They're more expensive, but with tar's lifetime warranty, picking up a used one is just fine.

It's been a while since you posted. Have you continued using it much? How well has it held up? I'm considering buying, but would like a few seasons before I upgrade.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12