I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I prefer an integrated bugnet on my hammock in buggy weather. I lean towards the the Warbonnet type as the bugnet can be pulled well away from my face.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Clark NX-250, NX 270, D H Sparrow
    Tarp
    Clark XL, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ, LL UQ
    Suspension
    WS,straps,toggles
    Images
    Thanks for all the thoughts. They really just point out that a person must HYOH and do what suits them best. As for me, I will definitely keep my bug net. I am definitely not a super lightweight hanger, and enjoy the benefits of comfort. I am long past the days of "making as many miles as possible", and don't mind exchanging a few ounces for comfort and enjoyment.Accumulating a lot of birthday candles can do that to a person!!
    Love your enemies, but keep your gun oiled!

I am a CONCENTRATED vegetarian. I let the cows eat all the grass, and then I eat the cows!

Hammock
    DIY 12' 1.6 oz Hyper D Baby
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waddy View Post
    Thanks for all the thoughts. They really just point out that a person must HYOH and do what suits them best. As for me, I will definitely keep my bug net. I am definitely not a super lightweight hanger, and enjoy the benefits of comfort. I am long past the days of "making as many miles as possible", and don't mind exchanging a few ounces for comfort and enjoyment.Accumulating a lot of birthday candles can do that to a person!!
    Right here with you. My creature comforts in the wild are what make things fun - that and enjoying stuff I made.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJ...XMJUMaraHGfzhA

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I used to be more a mountain climber than a long range hiker. These days, I'd rather carry 80 lbs in my kayak than 40 lbs on my back. A few extra lbs doesn't scare me. But if it has to be carried on my back, of course there is a limit.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Dutch Gear Hexon 1.7
    Tarp
    Chill Gorilla
    Insulation
    DIY EB Quilts
    Suspension
    Kevlar
    I'm a netless guy with a fronkey bug net. The choice proved well for me recently as I had gave up my net to my daughter for a backyard campout. I just put the bug spray on heavy and survived the night. I also learned I need to get another kit from RipStop so I don't have to share again.
    A day camping in the rain is better than a good day at work,
    --Shaw.

tsshaw78 is too hard to say on the trail - Just call me Shaw.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I love the bug net on my Blackbird and XLC so much that I use it almost year round (I sleep in a hammock full-time). It kind of creates a "channel" in the hammock body that works very well for me, and it keeps my quilt(s) and pillow in the hammock. But I did not like the bug nets of most other hammock I tried. Often, bug nets are shaped in a way that they mess with the lay. Socks are OK, but still closer to my face than the Warbonnet net because there usually are no tie-outs.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon, DIY
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex, DIY
    Insulation
    HG, DIY
    Suspension
    Straps, Beetles
    Images
    I Ike hammocks any which way! No net, Fronkey style, integrated...all good!

BUT, I must say I really dig the integrated, zippered net, especially a modular system where you can swap the net for a vented winter cover. I have both, and the fronkey is nice, but I do prefer the zippered net. Some people think its easier than opening up a zippered net...I disagree. I can just open the net and sit down, swing my legs in and zip. Again, I like my fronkey net too, but it is a bit more hassle to get in and out. Plus, like I said, the modularity aspect is great. I do some winter camping, and I like the vented top cover a lot. Also, with something like the Chameleon, you can completely remove the bugnet if you want (although admittedly, you still have the weight of the zipper/tape). HYOH

Hammock
    11 Ft Dutch Hexon 1.0 Sidezip
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    I tried netless.There's things I like about it such as availability to my gear hammock on the right side as I exit to my left side.Also,no zipper to hassle with.

But in the end,I am going to stay with my Dutch 11ft side zip Hexon 1.0 because in winter it does keep some body heat inside without causing condensation.Of course I do not do extreme low temps,normally bail if the weather is below 25F as that is pretty cold where I come from.

Also,I read once in this forum about a net keeping a crazy (possibly rabid) possum out of the hammock and I really like that idea.Lots of things that fly,creep,and crawl out there that I like to avoid.The net is a small weight penalty that I will gladly pay.I am always shocked in cold weather when I crack the zipper a bit as the cold rushes in so I am aware of the heat loss equation.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Bug nets are for sissies Seriously for me integrated is the only way to go.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123