Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    NB Canada
    Posts
    4

    Another top quilt option

    Just found another option for top quilts. And bonus for us in the great white north, it's in Canada. I don't own one but looks interesting for a warm weather quilt.
    https://www.taigaworks.com/collectio...down-comforter


    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    sidneyhornblower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Georgia, near Lake Oconee
    Hammock
    netless 11-foot GE
    Tarp
    HG Quest
    Insulation
    JRB and AHE
    Suspension
    whoopies or becket
    Posts
    1,327
    The specs look decent: 850 goose down, breathable shell and weighs about a pound with a nifty looking collar contraption to snug it up around your neck. I can't tell and the website doesn't say if it's sewn through construction or not. It says "quilted construction" but nothing about baffles. Still, for a mild weather top quilt it doesn't look bad at all.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    pryor,okla.
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by sidneyhornblower View Post
    The specs look decent: 850 goose down, breathable shell and weighs about a pound with a nifty looking collar contraption to snug it up around your neck. I can't tell and the website doesn't say if it's sewn through construction or not. It says "quilted construction" but nothing about baffles. Still, for a mild weather top quilt it doesn't look bad at all.
    It actually says "warmth-efficient box-baffle design" indicating that it has a baffle height unless it may mean a sewn thru construction with a box shaped stitching pattern. ???

  4. #4
    Member Ike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Coastal British Columbia, Canada
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dl
    Tarp
    OMW
    Insulation
    DIY TQ / JRB UQ
    Posts
    79
    Images
    12
    I have one arriving next week in the mail, looks like a good design and price for us in Canada is good. I Will post pics and review once it gets here. I believe it is sewn through but will confirm that, they are debating whether to make a baffled colder version, maybe if there was enough interest? Cheers

    Added: their bags are very good, I have their warmest Scheherazade and it is very well made.

    Added: I paid $20 less for mine last week, must have been an ‘early bird’ special or something.
    Last edited by Ike; 08-09-2019 at 23:52.

  5. #5
    Member Ike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Coastal British Columbia, Canada
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dl
    Tarp
    OMW
    Insulation
    DIY TQ / JRB UQ
    Posts
    79
    Images
    12
    My Ninja arrived in the mail today, sorry just a first impression teaser and not an in-depth report yet.

    Taiga hit the nail squarely on the head with this one!

    In the sack weight for the Long version is 18.9 oz and it is just slightly bigger than my Superfly tarp. It IS sewn through but loft is probably 1.5" each layer of toasty down warmth. I will do all the measurements and pics soon.

    Immediately impressed with the foot box baffle and the snap overlaps that can close the bottom to about my butt. I am slightly claustrophobic 5 11" and 200lbs and there is plenty of room in this.

    The Ninja lofts really well and the overall construction is top notch. I am looking forward to testing this thing out. Also really cool that it is made in Vancouver BC, Yay Canada!

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    NB Canada
    Posts
    4
    Great to hear. Looking forward to your full review! Was thinking of the Pine Down quilt from MassDrop but this looks just as nice.

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK
    Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Posts
    1,538
    I'd be curious to see one. it really looks like a modified CDT, but that may be just cause of the super similar colour

    the pattern it's cut into is pretty neat though

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    NB Canada
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    My Ninja arrived in the mail today, sorry just a first impression teaser and not an in-depth report yet.

    Taiga hit the nail squarely on the head with this one!

    In the sack weight for the Long version is 18.9 oz and it is just slightly bigger than my Superfly tarp. It IS sewn through but loft is probably 1.5" each layer of toasty down warmth. I will do all the measurements and pics soon.

    Immediately impressed with the foot box baffle and the snap overlaps that can close the bottom to about my butt. I am slightly claustrophobic 5 11" and 200lbs and there is plenty of room in this.

    The Ninja lofts really well and the overall construction is top notch. I am looking forward to testing this thing out. Also really cool that it is made in Vancouver BC, Yay Canada!
    Any test results yet?

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    54
    Are there dimensions of these any where besides the “fits to”?

  10. #10
    Member Ike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Coastal British Columbia, Canada
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dl
    Tarp
    OMW
    Insulation
    DIY TQ / JRB UQ
    Posts
    79
    Images
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by ddgunter View Post
    Any test results yet?

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Haven’t had time to do anything....this week for sure.

  • + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. UQP with Pad Option
      By Heavyhiker in forum 2QZQ Hammock Specialties (Hennessy Bugnet Zipper Mods)
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 03-11-2018, 20:12
    2. Option 1 or 2 or ...?
      By gbouchar in forum General Hammock Talk
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 04-11-2009, 18:09
    3. SOLD: Ray Way quilt with Alpine option
      By hawkeye in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: 02-26-2009, 09:12
    4. Another Option?
      By Doftya in forum Pads
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: 02-11-2009, 19:26
    5. cheap pad option
      By chiefams in forum Pads
      Replies: 34
      Last Post: 02-10-2009, 19:54

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •