Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvankirk View Post
    I wanted to like this pillow, but it will end up at the bottom of the pillow bin. Pillows have become a quest for me and I think that I am up to about 10. My Sea to Summit Aeros has been my go to pillow (because it is comfortable enough for how light it is (2.4-3 oz maybe) - especially if I slide my buff over it. I just got one of Dutch's printed pillows and it still just wasn't the right size for me. Then I found a Rumple stuffable pillow that I had in my bin that I never really used because I didn't like the uneven feel when stuffed with a down jack or fleece. Once stuffed with my new Dutch pillow, though, and I might have the perfect fit. Certainly will need extensive testing. It ends up being around 7 oz, but still lighter than some of my other pillows.

Attachment 176193
    How about asking a vendor to make you a custom size? After so many trials, you must have an idea of what you need now. Maybe try stuffing it with that new UP synthetic insulation.

Hammock
    Dutchware netless gathered end.
    Tarp
    12x12 Noah's Tarp
    Insulation
    0* bag TQ, pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I just ordered one of Klymit's free X-pillows. I've seen a lot of bad reviews for their V-pad,but I personally like mine enough that I ordered a second one. It works better if it's only partially inflated. I keep one in my car for road trips, ball games, races, and camping. I've found it's not a bad pillow if you wrap it in a coat, but I wish it wasn't so noisy. I keep the other on my power reclining couch and place it behind my knees. I look forward to trying the X-pillow. If it's noisy too, I'm sure I'll find other uses for it. We'll soon find out.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Hvn
    Insulation
    Apex/Down
    Suspension
    Birch/Beetle buckl
    I have the x-pillow (from a different discount deal), and use it a lot when it’s hot enough that I don’t want head sweat in my Top Down pillow (also Klymit). I don’t inflate it fully, and it works fine. I sleep well, and appreciate the low weight and size. I’ve also used it in the pocket of the Top Down when sleeping in a cot, to get more loft. I did have to glue a d-ring to it with a little ribbon for my pillow tether, though, so it doesn’t go anywhere :-). I also have the V-pad, and use it when I have to sit in a plastic folding chair for a long time; it’s better than nothing. It actually goes nicely into one of those folding stadium-type camp seats, as well, for a little extra padding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Klymit Free Pillow Offer Review

can't beat a down pillow in my opinion. I love mine.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    OK I hated this thing so it's been sitting on the shelf. But a few days ago I went out for a day hang locally and didn't have a pack big enough for quilts and hammock...without taking the backpack. Didn't want to look like a fool, so I made a smaller pack work. Since I was tight on space, I brought this pillow. I don't need a pillow the size of my torso, so I found if you fold it in half to make a TRIANGLE, it's actually pretty nice! Not sure 8 hours nice, but fine for a short hang. Basically zero space in the pack.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123