Tarp
    Cat Tarp Standard
    Insulation
    JRB MTW4 & MTW3
    Suspension
    ropes with huggers
    Images

Hammock for Bed

Over a year ago I got rid of my bed and have been sleeping in an ENO Double Nest. However, I have given the ENO to my son and am looking for a new hammock. I was thinking of getting a byer. Any suggestions for a decent hammock to use full time? Thanks.
    Scott Macri
    www.IronFlyOptions.com

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite & WBBB 1.0 Double
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/No Snive
    Images
    I don't know about comfort, but the aesthetics for the home have me looking at these:

Woven Hammock

Any of the woven hammocks look great, and would be a nice addition to any home.
    Last edited by Trooper; 03-15-2010 at 22:00.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I've been sleeping in a hammock full time for 5 years now, but I just recently got rid of my bed. I kept it leaning against the wall in case of company. Now any company will just get to use an air mattress

I've not tried the big, woven hammocks yet, but I've found that for a gathered end hammock, longer is better.
    The one time I laid in a HH clone (Headchanges), it was extremely comfortable, & I suspect the Warbonnet is just as much. My only problem there is that I like an open top.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    Cat Tarp Standard
    Insulation
    JRB MTW4 & MTW3
    Suspension
    ropes with huggers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    I don't know about comfort, but the aesthetics for the home have me looking at these:

Woven Hammock

Those look like nice hammocks. What do you currently use for insulation in the house? I've just been using my JRB. Also, what would you recommend with the woven?

I was thinking about the byer's with the spreader bars, but I like those woven hammocks.
    Scott Macri
    www.IronFlyOptions.com

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Seams like Cannibal has tried several of those big hammocks. Maybe he will have a suggestion as well.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Insulation
    warm stuff
    i probably shouldn't butt in.....if you are going to go with a woven from the site that was posted you should look at the
    XXL Handwoven Multicolored Thick String Hammock Item# HA037 with the size it sounds similar to a hammock my mother had when i was younger, very comfortable hammock, unfortunately when we moved it got tangled and she still hasn't managed to get it untangled yet....lol
    good luck in your quest.

Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    Cat Tarp Standard
    Insulation
    JRB MTW4 & MTW3
    Suspension
    ropes with huggers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post

Woven Hammock

I wonder if the quilted ones on that site are any good. That might eliminate any need for insulation.
    Scott Macri
    www.IronFlyOptions.com

Hammock
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/No Snive
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hacktorious View Post
    Those look like nice hammocks. What do you currently use for insulation in the house? I've just been using my JRB. Also, what would you recommend with the woven?
    I haven't bought one yet, but I plan to get one for my new house. For my last few moves, I buy a house and have lived without any furniture for about 3 months until my wife catches up. One of these woven hammocks and a first-class blanket from American Airlines will be by only luxury until about June.

I'm willing to sacrifice a little comfort for aesthetics, as it will be a piece of furniture in the house. My parents have a woven bridge hammock, but it isn't as comfortable as the gathered ends, in my opinion. Because I'll be inside, I don't plan on using any underquilt as I can adjust a thermostat.

Hammock
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/No Snive
    Images
    Double post...

Hammock
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/No Snive
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Adia View Post
    i probably shouldn't butt in.....if you are going to go with a woven from the site that was posted you should look at the
    XXL Handwoven Multicolored Thick String Hammock Item# HA037 with the size it sounds similar to a hammock my mother had when i was younger, very comfortable hammock, unfortunately when we moved it got tangled and she still hasn't managed to get it untangled yet....lol
    good luck in your quest.
    That is actually the style that I have in mind, except I want the natural colored one. I wasn't suggesting a particular hammock, just the woven construction. I only used the one example because of the appealing hammock user. Don't think you're butting in-the nature of an internet forum invites your opinion.
    Last edited by Trooper; 03-16-2010 at 10:07.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast