Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    The Typhoon saved my bacon when I had it. I was camped at at the end of Reid Harbor on Stuart Island (San Juans). That waterway is about one mile long - lots of time for cold wind to build up across the water. Because of the tree alignment, I was parallel to the wind flow - a very chilly wind flow. The second night, I pulled out the Velcro Doors and attached them - what a difference! I sleep toasty warm for the rest of the trip.

These days I've sold my Hennessy tarps and I think I have one Expedition hammock with the classic bottom entry for Show and Tell. So I've moved on other gear, but my first year was with Hennessy. For many people (and with the occasional discount from REI), it's a start.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Jungle Explorer Asym
    Tarp
    HH Hex/Superfly
    Insulation
    LSOH Toaster/WBDB
    Suspension
    Atlas/Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltfly View Post
    I also have a HH hex tarp... The Warbonnet tarps
    The hex tarp is what I'm using at the moment. Works great, for the moment, but with the rainy season and temp drops not too far off I'm really looking for something with a bit more coverage and end doors.

The Warbonnet... you mean something like the Superfly? That doesn't look too shabby.
    “Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, whiskey in the other, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

Hammock
    Jungle Explorer Asym
    Tarp
    HH Hex/Superfly
    Insulation
    LSOH Toaster/WBDB
    Suspension
    Atlas/Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    The Typhoon saved my bacon when I had it... These days I've sold my Hennessy tarps
    Can I ask what tarp you moved on to over your Typhoon? ;-)
    “Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, whiskey in the other, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

Quote Originally Posted by Yarome View Post
    The hex tarp is what I'm using at the moment. Works great, for the moment, but with the rainy season and temp drops not too far off I'm really looking for something with a bit more coverage and end doors.

The Warbonnet... you mean something like the Superfly? That doesn't look too shabby.
    Yes. I have a superfly and a thunder fly. Both great pieces of equipment. You do have to seam seal them. Not a big deal. Only at the panel pullouts. Nowhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123