Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Typhoon and Monsoon are short - I don't see any listing on the Typhoon but the Monsoon says it's 10 ft. long. That might be fine for most Hennessy Hammocks but is probably going to be too short for most other hammocks on the market, since the trend is towards 11 ft. hammocks. I'd get an 11 ft. tarp myself.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I don't see any listing on the Typhoon...... I'd get an 11 ft. tarp myself.
    Yes. Once they were completely out of stock on the typhoon they took them down from their website. That was the 11' and wider for the larger/longer hammocks which is more the size I was thinking I would probably need. IIRC it was the end/door flaps they are reworking but, so far, I rather like the full enclosure options I've seen.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarome View Post
    Yes. Once they were completely out of stock on the typhoon they took them down from their website. That was the 11' and wider for the larger/longer hammocks which is more the size I was thinking I would probably need. IIRC it was the end/door flaps they are reworking but, so far, I rather like the full enclosure options I've seen.
    The Wayback Machine says the Typhoon was 10 ft. 8 inches long, so about 4 inches short of 11 ft.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Images
    Here's a good review on the Typhoon if HH is they way you want to go.
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...product-review

Thanks for the info correction and review link. Very informative.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ridgerunner/ chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    I have a hh typhoon. It’s the tarp I use when I hang from my tensa4 stand. It’s a bit shorter so it works like a charm. It is a great heavy weather tarp and I’ve never been wet under it. Granted I usually use a 13’ WB superfly, when I hang from the stand it’s gonna be the typhoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    HH 4 Season Explorer XL
    I bought the HH typhoon with my "4 season" Elxplorer XL... and it leaks like a siv... sending an email to Hennessy in the morning about it. After my first rain storm experience, and asking others here, I thought it may have been a user error in setting it up, but after the past 2 rain storms I know it is definitely a manufacturing defect. I also have the asym tarp that comes with the explorer, and put that up below the Typhoon in the rain, and no leaks there. It seems the one I have wasnt seam sealed for some reason, and the seams are certainly not sealed... the edges are actually curling, and I had a puddle inside my hammock when I attempted to get into it after a day rain this past week. Hopefully that was just a fluke, but I will update after contacting Hennessy and seeing what their response is.

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    Quote Originally Posted by chefko View Post
    I bought the HH typhoon with my "4 season" Elxplorer XL... and it leaks like a siv... sending an email to Hennessy in the morning about it. After my first rain storm experience, and asking others here, I thought it may have been a user error in setting it up, but after the past 2 rain storms I know it is definitely a manufacturing defect. I also have the asym tarp that comes with the explorer, and put that up below the Typhoon in the rain, and no leaks there. It seems the one I have wasnt seam sealed for some reason, and the seams are certainly not sealed... the edges are actually curling, and I had a puddle inside my hammock when I attempted to get into it after a day rain this past week. Hopefully that was just a fluke, but I will update after contacting Hennessy and seeing what their response is.
    I bought this typhoon in January of this year. Used it three times. I have a couple others also. The typhoon fits my tensa 4 stand perfect. Just set the typhoon up this morning and as I’m setting guylines I see this. I sent a video and pics to HH. I’m waiting a response. Barely 7 months old and never more than a light rain. And definitely not abused. I’m kinda bummed

Quote Originally Posted by Saltfly View Post
    ...as I’m setting guylines I see this. I sent a video and pics to HH. I’m waiting a response.
    Well "that's" no good. I would be ticked! Thanks for the info and look forward to hearing what HH has to say since they aren't re-stocking the older model any more. Maybe the seams and stitching were an issue prompting the redesign (?). Dunno, but doesn't fill a guy with a whole lotta confidence.

This HH Explorer is the first hammock I've owned so I have no baseline to compare it with, but I'm sure enjoying it and it's held up perfectly, so far. Guess I better keep a closer eye on the stress point stitching.

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarome View Post
    Well "that's" no good. I would be ticked! Thanks for the info and look forward to hearing what HH has to say since they aren't re-stocking the older model any more. Maybe the seams and stitching were an issue prompting the redesign (?). Dunno, but doesn't fill a guy with a whole lotta confidence.

This HH Explorer is the first hammock I've owned so I have no baseline to compare it with, but I'm sure enjoying it and it's held up perfectly, so far. Guess I better keep a closer eye on the stress point stitching.
    The hammocks seem to be fine, I also have a HH hex tarp that’s had a bunch of use with no issues whatsoever. The Warbonnet tarps seem to have the best design to me. Once ya get them seam sealed they’re really nice. And the doors are really nice at the ends.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast