Tarp
    HG SilPoly w/ door
    Insulation
    Depends
    Suspension
    Whoopies/straps
    IMG_2311.jpg
    IMG_1987.jpg

Figured I’d try this out. Picture is from a kayaking trip on a lake in Guatemala after a week of providing medical care to villages in Belize. One of my favorite landscape shots I’ve taken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBBXLC/Eldorado
    Tarp
    WB Thunder/Mtn fly
    Insulation
    WBWookie/EEEnigma
    Suspension
    DClips/BeatleBuckl
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos View Post
    IMG_2311.jpg
    IMG_1987.jpg

Figured I’d try this out. Picture is from a kayaking trip on a lake in Guatemala after a week of providing medical care to villages in Belize. One of my favorite landscape shots I’ve taken

That one turned out great!

Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft Netless
    Tarp
    HG SilPoly w/ door
    Insulation
    Depends
    Suspension
    Whoopies/straps
    Quote Originally Posted by ahursey530 View Post
    That one turned out great!
    I did it on mobile so I have no clue how I got it to work lol

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos View Post
    IMG_2311.jpg
    IMG_1987.jpg

Just my humble opinion again... Even with this one, I think the most interesting part of the image, the ripples in the foreground, was lost to the crop. The horizon is close to the upper 1/3 of the source image, and at the lower 1/3 in the pillow preview. The most interesting clouds are absent from the preview image, too.

Granted, with a different aspect ratio between the source image and the printed pillow, the image will either have to be cropped or stretched, and cropping is usually/probably the preferable option between those two.
    Last edited by cmc4free; 08-06-2019 at 12:10.

Hammock
    WBBBXLC/Eldorado
    Tarp
    WB Thunder/Mtn fly
    Insulation
    WBWookie/EEEnigma
    Suspension
    DClips/BeatleBuckl
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    Just my humble opinion again... Even with this one, I think the most interesting part of the image, the ripples in the foreground, was lost to the crop. The horizon is close to the upper 1/3 of the source image, and at the lower 1/3 in the pillow preview. The most interesting clouds are absent from the preview image, too.

Granted, with a different aspect ratio between the source image and the printed pillow, the image will either have to be cropped or stretched, and cropping is usually/probably the preferable option between those two.
    That's kind of what happened to the first one I put up of my Daughters paintings. There is a moon at the very top of the painting and try as I might I could not get it to show. Still turned out ok but could have been better.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair, Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG, Zpacks, DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre, HG
    Suspension
    MyersTech
    Images
    Just playing around with the design app and seeing what might stick... years ago my daughter & I went to the "Experience Hendrix" tour when it came through Austin. We had some time to kill before the show, so we walked around the backside of the venue, the Moody Theater, and there were two EH tour buses parked there. The graphics on each bus were absolutely amazing. We were the only ones around and had we not walked back there, we'd have never seen them. Unfortunately, I can't get the entire image of the bus on the pillow with the editing tool but it's not too bad.

Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft Netless
    Tarp
    HG SilPoly w/ door
    Insulation
    Depends
    Suspension
    Whoopies/straps
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post

Might play around with it again on pc, idk if it’s worth the trouble though. Just wanted to see how it would turn out

Images
    This one is a 7:4 aspect ratio and it's difficult to say if it's any closer. One thing is for sure, the preview tool definitely cheats the image upward (and there's no way to counteract that), which will end up cutting off the top of the uploaded image if you make the image wide enough to fill the width of the preview. The moon in ahursey530's first upload is a good example.

It's hard to know how accurate the preview is, since it's superimposing the user's image into a generic image of the pillow. A real pillow has a complex shape and the straight lines in this test image would not be straight if this was an actual picture of a pillow with this geometric design printed on the fabric. The preview software also lacks the human element, meaning the person sewing the pillow will probably have a good idea about which portions of the image you actually want centered on the pillow. Nevertheless, it would be helpful to know what aspect ratio actually provides the best starting point. The actual pillows will all start from the same sized blank of fabric and use roughly the same seam allowance. Knowing the actual width and height of a sewn but not stuffed pillow should be the key to knowing what aspect ratio works best for the images users will upload.

Finally, it's clear the concept works best for images that don't necessarily have rigorously defined edges. That allows leeway for which parts of the image will actually be shown on the finished product. Dutch's and OneClick's photos are great examples.

As I said before... I only mean to be critical in a hopefully constructive way.

It is defiantly difficult to load and center a landscape photo using the UI. Here is about as good as I could get it after 10 min of goofing around...

preview.png

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    "This image has been modified from its original version. It has been formatted to fit your pillow." ~30% will get this

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast