Bluesign/Oeko-tex fabrics?

Are there any hammock makers using Bluesign or Oeko-tex fabrics? Searching through the forum I only find the Gamma UL and DownTek used in quilts. Anyone know of others?

Id also be interested in anyone using non-PFC DWR.

Thanks,
    Hunter

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0 Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I have never seen this type of certification in hammocks or hammock gear. Probably because certification costs extra, and high quality hammocks are a niche market pretty much exclusively covered by small operations (often run by one person or a family). You would not only need to get speciality fabrics, but also have them certified. This would either mean substantially higher prices, or a high(er) volume of sales.

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Ripstop By The Roll-

Do your own research as I don't want to speak out of turn... but most if not all of the rolls I have received have been Bluesign approved.
    This is in the Hybrid Line (primary fabric I use).

They also have the ECO line.
    https://ripstopbytheroll.com/collect...ecycled-fabric

Don't quote me- but pretty sure I've seen them mention non-PFC or reduced PFC DWR as well.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0 Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    Ripstop By The Roll-

Do your own research as I don't want to speak out of turn... but most if not all of the rolls I have received have been Bluesign approved.
    This is in the Hybrid Line (primary fabric I use).
    Interesting. I see no mention on the website. Is this only printed on the rolls?

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by hutzelbein View Post
    Interesting. I see no mention on the website. Is this only printed on the rolls?
    Yes- many of the recent rolls I ordered were Bluesign tagged.
    But I am not positive it can be done in every color or on every roll so perhaps that's why they don't advertise it.
    And why I don't want to speak too far on it given recent fabric supplier issues in our community.

In many ways- there are only so many places on the planet you can get this stuff.

Patagonia is forcing many of their suppliers to comply- as a result it costs more to run a 'split shop' than it does to simply flip your production over to meet the standard set by one of the powerhouse vendors. Even more-so when Patagonia gets other vendors to join them as they have.

Even if you don't realize it... in many cases they simply change the whole industry with their buying power so that even a little old nobody gear maker like me ends up selling Bluesign approved fabric even if I didn't make a single effort to buy it.

Same with the DWR and dozens of other products.

Off topic- but that's why I buy Patagonia products whenever possible.
    Maybe I could get a better price elsewhere; but in some small way I helped support changes in the entire sewn goods industry much further reaching than any amount of effort I might make in my little sewing shop.

My tiny extra expense as a consumer often outweighs any tiny impact I might make as a vendor.

Thanks for the information. Such materials are becoming more common, luckily.

Since posting my question, I've found that most of Exped's products are made with Oeko-Tex certified fabrics, including their hammocks. Most of the DWR they use are non-PFC too (made by Teflon! There's an industry change).