Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tarp
    Outdoor Skye 10x10
    Insulation
    JC Penny Throws
    Suspension
    daisy chain straps

Cheap Amok Drauer?

Perusing Facebook tonight and an ad for a cheap AMOK Drauer popped up. seems to be a great deal, maybe too great? supposedly a limited time 10th anniversary sale.

https://kumaori.shop/products/hammoc...ually-lay-flat

Claims to sell the AMOK Draumr for $37.49??!! throw in the AMOK tarp and pad for a total of $112.47!!?? The site never uses the words AMOK or Draumr, but the pics shows the labels on the products which can be read.

On the AMOK site the hammock retails for $189.95 and complete set for $389.95.

Anyone know anything about this or willing to live dangerously and attempt to get a cheap quality hammock??

Hammock
    DIY 12' 1.6 oz Hyper D Baby
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Fake - same Scam as last time sounds like.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJ...XMJUMaraHGfzhA

Tarp
    Outdoor Skye 10x10
    Insulation
    JC Penny Throws
    Suspension
    daisy chain straps
    Quote Originally Posted by GilligansWorld View Post
    Fake - same Scam as last time sounds like.

if it's fake, how can you tell? researching the company, and everything looks legit.

Hammock
    DIY 12' 1.6 oz Hyper D Baby
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wienerman View Post
    if it's fake, how can you tell? researching the company, and everything looks legit.
    Because it's for sale for $38 - But if you want to go ahead and place the order. You can report back to us and tell us all about how they scamd you with all the particular details And what to watch out for so none of us get stung

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJ...XMJUMaraHGfzhA

Hammock
    Black Bird XLC, Chameleon, Draumr
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts/Pads
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Amok is a Norwegian company not Japanese. Here is their website www.amokequipment.com. I'm not aware of any vendors authorized to sell their products.

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Please trust us on this...we've seen it too many times. NO ONE...repeat...NO ONE retails Amok hammocks for $38.
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    What company are you researching? Sounds like you really need to brush up on your researching skills. If a company is offering a product for 1/10 of what it actually sells for, that should set off a few alarms in anybody's mind.

1. Just go to this kumaori shop website and look at the "about us" page.

https://kumaori.shop/pages/about-us

On this one page alone, they call themselves kumaori shop, Beyond Vault, and libertymart. Does that sound like a scam?

The exact same text can be found on this page:

https://www.beyondvault.com/pages/about-us

And this page:

https://patior.shop/pages/about-us

2. Go to https://kumaori.shop and look at what they sell. Need some magic hangers? How about some kitchen oil absorption stickers? Maybe you want "New Kitchen Faucet Extendable Spray Head Two Ways of Water Outlet with Universal Directions?"

Yeah, sure - all hammock vendors sell that stuff on their website, in addition to hammock equipment.

3. Maybe you should read Amok's response to these scams:

https://www.amokequipment.com/blogs/...te-12-min-read
    Last edited by SilvrSurfr; 08-11-2019 at 18:35.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I wonder why this scam is so popular - this is about the 4th time it's come up in the last few months. I guess a lot of people fall for it or they wouldn't keep the scam up.

It seems very popular on Facebook - that's where most of the gullible people are!

EDIT: I take that last comment back - there are a lot of gullible people that don't use Facebook. Last year my 88-year-old father-in-law got a call that his granddaughter (my daughter) was in jail. They said he couldn't call her cell phone because she was in jail. However, if he would just go down to the local CVS and buy $2000 worth of phone cards, then call back and give them the codes, they'd release her from jail. That afternoon, luckily, we found out what he was up to, right before he was headed to another CVS to buy another $2000 of phone cards.

My father-in-law was so convinced she was in jail, that when I called her on speakerphone, and she answered and said, no, she wasn't in jail, he didn't believe it. He still wanted to go to CVS and get another $2000 worth of phone cards to save her. I don't know how he fell for that crap, why he didn't call me, or his daughter (my wife), or his granddaughter, or his son, or either one of his grandsons, or anybody else to verify that my daughter was actually in jail. He tried calling the scammer number to get his money back, but it was too late. It was a spoofed number, already disconnected, and that $2000 was gone. He filed a police report, but that was just to document what an idiot he was. Those folks were probably in Myanmar or Russia and were never heard from again.

Go to CVS, buy phone cards, give us the codes, and we'll release your granddaughter from jail? How could anyone fall for that?
    Last edited by SilvrSurfr; 08-10-2019 at 01:33.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yep, it's earned its reputation as "Fakebook".

My parents older neighbor almost fell for the same scam but luckily the clerk asked a few questions when she came to check out and convinced them to call a relative first.

Images
    The "grandchild is in jail" scam is still going strong- my 87 year old mother got a call like this a couple of weeks ago. She called me very upset but I was able to calm her down. Luckily she can no longer drive (Alzheimers) so couldn't go buy phone cards. It makes my blood boil to see how these scumbags prey on the elderly.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast