Dutch net less wide
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20's / SLD TW
    Suspension
    Straps/no harware

11' Superfly

Will a 11' Superfly work with a Warbonnet Ridge runner?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY Bananahammock
    Tarp
    Dutch Duo
    Insulation
    DIY / HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Kevlar & UCR
    It would, the suspension triangle would hang out and the pull outs are not ideally placed so the poles may bump your tarp. If your interested in a Cloudburst, let me know.
    Get lost in the woods and find yourself again. A vacation,to me, is working with your hands and surviving because of the fruits of your labor. In the business world I teach;in the natural world I learn.

Hammock
    Dutch net less wide
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20's / SLD TW
    Suspension
    Straps/no harware
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    It would, the suspension triangle would hang out and the pull outs are not ideally placed so the poles may bump your tarp. If your interested in a Cloudburst, let me know.
    Thanks

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    It will definitely cover the hammock. But as mentioned above, you won't be able to completely close the doors (that's why they made a 13 ft model that was out of stock during their Labor Day sale). It's not like the doors are wide open - only about 6 - 8 inches at the top (going from memory here). And that opening is pretty far away from the hammock itself.

If given a choice, I'd get the 13 ft'er for the Ridge Runner. But I and others have used the 11 ft model (even in the rain) and been fine. You can always hang a stuff sack or something similar at that opening if necessary.

If you use an 11 ft'er, you will probably want to use external poles on the panel pull outs or at least stake them out. Also, if the SuperFly is new to you, remember that the panel pulls are not seam sealed. That's why a little tube of sealer is included with the purchase.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Dutch net less wide
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20's / SLD TW
    Suspension
    Straps/no harware
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    It will definitely cover the hammock. But as mentioned above, you won't be able to completely close the doors (that's why they made a 13 ft model that was out of stock during their Labor Day sale). It's not like the doors are wide open - only about 6 - 8 inches at the top (going from memory here). And that opening is pretty far away from the hammock itself.

If given a choice, I'd get the 13 ft'er for the Ridge Runner. But I and others have used the 11 ft model (even in the rain) and been fine. You can always hang a stuff sack or something similar at that opening if necessary.

If you use an 11 ft'er, you will probably want to use external poles on the panel pull outs or at least stake them out. Also, if the SuperFly is new to you, remember that the panel pulls are not seam sealed. That's why a little tube of sealer is included with the purchase.
    Thanks.. I have an 11' Superfly, was thinking of getting a RR, and didn't want to have to get another tarp.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    The Superfly has an excellent resale record. I might sell one myself once the 13 ft'er arrives. So you can try out your 11 ft'er. As said, many have used it to their satisfaction. If you prefer full closure on the doors, you can sell your 11 ft'er and put that money toward the 13.

Note that the 13 ft'er doesn't have as many options for fabric or color.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, WBRR,Dutch Argon1.6
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetle clips
    The superfly 13 foot regular 30 nylon goes on sale but 20D poly doesn’t. You need to go custom built just to get the poly material. Is the differences worth the price?

Hammock
    DH Darien / WB RR
    Tarp
    DW Dyneema/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    EE RevX / HG Inc.
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas / Mantis
    Images
    I tried the 11 ft Superfly with the RidgeRunner for a while. It works but you feel that it is at its limit - more for the space inside than the lenght. I then tried with the panel pull-out pole mod, but I wasn't satisfied. When looking for solutions, I came across the Winterdream Tarp from UGQ with their end pole mod which looks like a great solution to gain massive space inside the tarp. So I got myself a 13 ft out of their penny pincher choice. Lots of pictures / videos out there with that configuration.

Hammock
    Chameleon/TE Happy Medium/SG
    Tarp
    Thunderfly/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG / LL
    Suspension
    Becket
    Images
    If you don't want to go all the way to a 13' Winterdream, you can order a 12 footer and ask them at UGQ to space the panel pullouts to match the location of the WBRR spreader bars. Allegedly that combo will let you get the WD doors mostly closed, with ample space under the tarp.

• + New Posts