DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    IIRC it was about 14°F which was no problem at all for the 0°F Incubator. It usually doesn't get really cold when it's snowing.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Isn't there some law about posting pictures with snow in them before November. Some of us want to keep the illusion of "endless summer". Then again, here in the high desert, for a few hours yesterday, the little town of La Pine - about 20 miles away - had a forecast of Snow for Monday/Tuesday. It has since been downgraded to just "cold".
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    Isn't there some law about posting pictures with snow in them before November. Some of us want to keep the illusion of "endless summer". Then again, here in the high desert, for a few hours yesterday, the little town of La Pine - about 20 miles away - had a forecast of Snow for Monday/Tuesday. It has since been downgraded to just "cold".
    lol I'm just hoping we get a lot this winter.

Gettin' in the mood I reckon!
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Step 1 complete. I finished the poles today and decided to go 57" overall (including the male connectors). 4 sections each... 2 shorts and 2 long for an overall collapsed length of 17". Shock corded and the set came out to 6oz. I can live with that.

AFTER ordering the poles I "did" notice Warbonnet actually sells a set of poles that look pretty much identical to the ones I ordered. The main difference being theirs are 3" shorter, 3 sections and the diameter is .27" vs. the .33" I purchased. They may also be using a little smaller/lighter shock cord (I opted to go with the heavy cordage they came with over the 1/8" shock I had on hand) that might make up the difference of their's coming in at 4.4oz. Length, diameter, 1 less connector, and possibly lighter shock cordage.

On the plus side though, a set of 9' poles, 4 male connectors and cordage ran me a total of 20 bones. 15 less than if I had bought them pre-made... and I ended up with 7 1/2' of left over pole segments.

Step 2: Waiting on the superfly to decide on a CRL and guyline rigs.

In case anyone was wondering... the pole kits I ordered were through Amazon.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12