Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner Bridge
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 13
    Insulation
    Lynx, hangtight
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    I have beetle buckles, but also recently purchased the Superior Hammock suspension, which seems a close cousin to beetle buckles. The slots for the continuous loop on the Superior suspension is actually deeper and slightly narrower, and may perhaps solve the problem of the loop coming undone. I'm not sure of the weight difference (maybe I'll check that tonight), and if weight is critical, this might not be the best idea, but it may be worth it for you if it resolves your issues.

The buckle also has a hole in it that is specifically designed to accommodate alternative attachment techniques, so you could attach your loop permanently, while maintaining adjustability.

Sadly I didn't take closeups of each at this weekend's hang but here is a stock photo from the superiorgear.com site:

Superior Suspension Buckle.png

FYI, in the newest version of this, the inside hole of the piece shaped like an arrowhead is curved to make it more comfortable to pull the buckle and release the suspension to adjust.

Hope that gives you some food for thought. FYI I love and have purchased a lot of stuff from Dutch, so it's not a knock on him - just an alternate idea!
    ~~~NJHEART2HEART Dawn~~~
    "Seek God, Embrace the Journey, Leave a Legacy of Love"

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    There are a lot of suspension options out there so maybe you have not found your personal suspension muse as of yet.
    My suspension Playlist for your perusal if interested.....https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...RN4_MaZ8UAyzWm
    Shug
    Yeah, I haven't necessarily found my muse yet. I have seen your suspension series already and it did help. Thanks. I guess what's going on with me is I imagined setting up in a certain way, and storing suspension in a certain way. I know cinch buckles work with that. I got beetle buckles and didn't realize they differ in an important way. And now I'm wondering how I should adapt. I might stick with if through a few trips and see how it goes.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF Stnd + WP
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mmachenry View Post
    Yeah, I haven't necessarily found my muse yet. I have seen your suspension series already and it did help. Thanks. I guess what's going on with me is I imagined setting up in a certain way, and storing suspension in a certain way. I know cinch buckles work with that. I got beetle buckles and didn't realize they differ in an important way. And now I'm wondering how I should adapt. I might stick with if through a few trips and see how it goes.

It is my experience, and likely that of many others here, that suspensions (and hammocks, and tarps and...) will change many times as you try different options, new ideas evolve and your style & needs morph. I can't count the number of suspension options I have tried over the years.

Have fun with it. Go to a group hang and check out what the others are using. That could be a time saver.
    * The difficulty of finding any given trail marker is directly proportional to the importance of the consequences of failing to find it.

* I can lift all the weight I want at the gym. Walking shouldn't be a workout. ~ Just Bill

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123