WBBB 1.7 dbl.
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ quilts
    Suspension
    Web

Thumbs up Testing my new JRB top and bottom quilts

I bought a Rocky Mountain Sniveler and a Mt. Washington 3 Convertible from Jacks-R-Better (JRB), during their Valentine's Day sale and just had a chance last evening to give them a try. As always JRB's products are first rate construction and easy to put on the hammock. I was ready for a "test" lay at around 5:00pm in 45F calm weather. The Rocky Mountain Sniveler, which I'm using as a top quilt, is rated to about 10F and the Mt. Washington 3 Convertible, deployed in full length under quilt mode, is rated to about 15F, so I climbed in with just jeans and a t-shirt, anticipating a short lay. I DIDN'T WAKE UP UNTIL MIDNIGHT!!! By then it was 32F and foggy and I was still toasty warm. I think I would've slept longer but I woke up hungry. I'm considering this test a success .

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast 71 View Post
    I bought a Rocky Mountain Sniveler and a Mt. Washington 3 Convertible from Jacks-R-Better (JRB), during their Valentine's Day sale
    Sounds like love from the very first night! I'm always surprised that the MTW3 Convertible doesn't get more chatter on the forums. Having the choice of full lenght or partial UQ is a great way to start out.
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast 71 View Post
    I bought a Rocky Mountain Sniveler and a Mt. Washington 3 Convertible from Jacks-R-Better (JRB), during their Valentine's Day sale and just had a chance last evening to give them a try. As always JRB's products are first rate construction and easy to put on the hammock. I was ready for a "test" lay at around 5:00pm in 45F calm weather. The Rocky Mountain Sniveler, which I'm using as a top quilt, is rated to about 10F and the Mt. Washington 3 Convertible, deployed in full length under quilt mode, is rated to about 15F, so I climbed in with just jeans and a t-shirt, anticipating a short lay. I DIDN'T WAKE UP UNTIL MIDNIGHT!!! By then it was 32F and foggy and I was still toasty warm. I think I would've slept longer but I woke up hungry. I'm considering this test a success .

warm and happy...I like that...Always best to lay down well fed...leads to longer naps...

ref HC's comment, You may want to post some picks of that MW3C in the field.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

• + New Posts