Hammock
    Geaux and Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    no preference
    Insulation
    weather dependant
    Suspension
    cinched straps
    Is the hang capped at 24 people? There were no open spots above the total number of people.

EDIT: found insertion tab

Thanks
    Jerry
    Last edited by Jerry Sambrook; 12-19-2019 at 10:27. Reason: Fixed spreadsheet

Hello all!

Trying to sign up from my IPhone. Downloaded the google sheets app like asked when I hit the edit button but doesn’t seem to open the sheet or give access.

Any help would be appreciated!

Also, going to be my first cold weather hang so I may need some help with cold weather equipment. Have plenty of experience winter camping with a tent but this will be my first hang.

Lastly, is it ok if I arrive Saturday night due to work? Is there a time cut off?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20 deg UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by zacharysmacher View Post
    Hello all!

Trying to sign up from my IPhone. Downloaded the google sheets app like asked when I hit the edit button but doesn’t seem to open the sheet or give access.

Also, going to be my first cold weather hang so I may need some help with cold weather equipment. Have plenty of experience winter camping with a tent but this will be my first hang.

Lastly, is it ok if I arrive Saturday night due to work? Is there a time cut off?

Thanks!

Just show up, however, realize it may be harder for you to set up in the dark! Don't know about the sign up sheet. Do you have all the cold weather gear you need Ie: quilts, hammock? Also the dirt road to get down to the site is not the most obvious even in the day. Maybe we could put something up to let folks know. Keep your eyes peeled on this site for more info as it gets closer. It will be nice to get to meet you!

Quote Originally Posted by tollermama View Post
    Just show up, however, realize it may be harder for you to set up in the dark! Don't know about the sign up sheet. Do you have all the cold weather gear you need Ie: quilts, hammock? Also the dirt road to get down to the site is not the most obvious even in the day. Maybe we could put something up to let folks know. Keep your eyes peeled on this site for more info as it gets closer. It will be nice to get to meet you!
    Not too worried about setting up in the dark! Done it a few times and I’m very familiar with my set up.

Unfortunately I do not have a quilt. I have an Eno double wide nest that I was going to use a pad with a 0 degree bag and felt liner. However, through my research i fear I’m going to have some severe CBS.

Want to just get out there and try this system and a few tricks I’ve learned about and see what works. Have plenty of warm gear and plan on getting a few more things with some Xmas monies when the time comes. Maybe I’ll even have enough for my own quilt!

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20 deg UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    webbing
    Well, it you don't get a quilt then we can probably help you. I will bring extra uq and tq. Do you have a big tarp? a big tarp will help with keeping wind from getting you colder. If you don't we can probably rustle you up something.

Not too worried about setting up in the dark! Done it a few times and I’m very familiar with my set up.

Unfortunately I do not have a quilt. I have an Eno double wide nest that I was going to use a pad with a 0 degree bag and felt liner. However, through my research i fear I’m going to have some severe CBS.

Want to just get out there and try this system and a few tricks I’ve learned about and see what works. Have plenty of warm gear and plan on getting a few more things with some Xmas monies when the time comes. Maybe I’ll even have enough for my own quilt!

Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Sambrook View Post
    Is the hang capped at 24 people? There were no open spots above the total number of people.

EDIT: found insertion tab

Thanks
    Jerry

There is no cap.

Hello all!

Thanks!

There are plenty of us that can help and will have extra gear.

Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    Good morning and Merry Christmas to everyone. I hope all are having a happy and healthy season so far. We are about 3 weeks out from our 6th annual Nor’ Easta winter hang. Over the years we have had weather all over the thermometer, so I can’t say what we will have for weather yet but I know we always have a great time.

Just a couple of things.

If you are new to this event or are thinking about coming. A couple of things to know.

First: Safety. I have picked this location due to several key factors.

1: your car is parked relatively close so you can bring and store as much gear as you could need for this event. Extra sleeping clothes, sleeping bags, hand warmers...etc. if you don’t have it really good chance that someone else has extra. ASK ASK ASK.

2. there is a cabin just down the road at the parking area that we have access to, start a wood stove and dry things out over the day.

3. is that my house is only a couple of minutes away in case someone can’t get or stay warm. It’s a last resort but one I won’t hesitate using. Your safety has always been a large concern on mine.

4. No alcohol at this event. Yes we are grown adult but as a group we have decided that this is for the safety of everyone. Slippery, uneven ground and cold temperatures can reek havoc on a persons ability to stay warm and safe. We have had negative temperatures and frostbite can and has been an issue. Alcohol can increase your chances.

Ok that’s over fun stuff now.

The cost is $15.00 per person. That covers location and firewood. Again if you are new I bring a trailer with about a 1/2 cord of hardwood that we feed out of all weekend long.

Also there is not a raffle this year as well. We will resume that for the spring hang which I will have dates for by the hang weekend.

Food tends to be an all weekend thing. People typically buy not alway bring food to share especially breakfast and really for Saturday night dinner which ends up with a potluck tradition. Saturday night dinner should be ready by about 6pm. Everyone prepares a meal and then as a family we all share and enjoy the camaraderie around the fire. Always a highlight and a favorite part of mine.

Lastly arriving time is anytime after 9am on Friday and departure is anytime on Sunday. There is hiking around the campgrounds or other locations near by. Ice fishing is also something you can do. Bass, pickerel, and bluegill are the common fish in the pond.

If you have any questions let me know.

Tim aka Nighthauk.

Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

Quote Originally Posted by tollermama View Post
    Well, it you don't get a quilt then we can probably help you. I will bring extra uq and tq. Do you have a big tarp? a big tarp will help with keeping wind from getting you colder. If you don't we can probably rustle you up something.
    I do have a large tarp so that shouldn’t be an issue. After reading the update from nighthauk I shouldn’t have an issue. Have plenty of extra gear that I currently own that will work fine.

Really want to test out my system and see how things work. But would love to try a uq or tq before I buy as well. We shall see when the time comes. Looking forward to seeing you all and getting this new year started off on the right path!

I’m somewhat new to hammock camping especially in snow.
    I’d like to join you guys. What time does it start and what can I bring?
    I see some dog pictures, would be great to meet folks who bring their puppy hammocking.

Hammock
    WBBB; WBRR; WBXLC;HH Exped
    Tarp
    Superfly; JRB Ulti
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ; AHE; WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthauk View Post
    THE ANNUAL NEHHA'S OFFICIAL NOR' EASTER WINTER HANG at THE CHESTERFIELD SCOUT RESERVATIONS (CSR), Jan 10-12 2020

Once again we will be meeting at the Chesterfield Scout Reservation for good times, lots of laughs and, of course, amazing food. Hoping for this to be colder and whiter than last time but what the heck, we are going to have a good time anyways. We bumped back the dates to see if we can break our record of -5*. Here a hopin’

First of all the boring stuff.

The price structures for renting the property Is the same as last year which seemed to work out. We will be charging $15.00 a head. This will cover the costs for the rentals as well as 1/2 cord of hardwood like last year.

Secondly because of the nature of winter and per camp rules, this will also be a dry hang. No Alcoholic beverages allowed. Beside the camp rules, we want to make this a safe and all welcoming good time for everyone. I know some of you don't agree and I am sorry for the changes to the policy. Having discussed it with several other original long time members we feel, that for the Official Hangs, this is going to stay in place for ALL NEHHA Winter hangs. All other smaller hangs will be determined by the hosting bodies. ***ANY QUESTIONS, CONCERNS OR SUGGESTIONS PLEASE PM ME TO DISCUSS***

Now getting that out of the way. Raiffnuke and I are getting together to start planning some of the great side activities. Some of the staples have been knot tying/splicing, fire starting/building, DIY stove building, possible Ice Fishing and random shenanigans. If there is something that you specifically want to have as a course or you would want to teach a course feel free to let us know. We are open to suggestions.

Lastly, as we draw closer to the event I will be posting the final schedule of activities, Meals, and Directions. I will post up the sign-up sheets tomorrow. Can't wait to see everyone there.

HF post didn't work, so using Tapatalk instead. (Rick?)
    Any way, I may actually be able to make this seminal hang once more - been a few years, and the Scout Camp is one of my all-time favorite places to be, with loads of good memories there! Even my Supershelter which got blown apart in the snow one year!
    WARNING! :::THE WORD "TENT" IS ABOUT TO BE USED!
    IF YOU CHOOSE TO BE OFFENDED, TOUGH.

If I make it, I will be in a TeePee style Hot Tent (a One Tigris Smokey Hut). Waiting for my portable wood-burning stove to arrive from Norway through Canada. A "GStove", with all the extras. We can use my rig as a warming tent for anyone who might need it - unless I am sleeping, of course. Should be about 75°-80° most of the time inside. I might run a short class/hunt on finding and using 'Fatwood' for fire lighting if I get there.
    I would live to see all the old NEHHA peeps again! Especially at such a revered and memorable hang site!
    Except Raiffnuke. He shoots me with Nerf Darts. And knows more knots than I do. And has bigger blades. But I have more. But wow! Can the guy sew!
    Anyway, we'll see. I really, really, really need this hang again!

Chaaaz, AKA, Skypainter

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Live Purposefully; Dare Greatly; Land Gently

If you're going to do something wrong, go for it! - Beryl G.

"Never knock on Death's door - just ring the bell and run. He hates that!"

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast