Dutchware netless gathered end.
    Tarp
    12x12 Noah's Tarp
    Insulation
    0* bag TQ, pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Hideeho from Flintstone, GA

My name's Dewaine. I'm a 58 year old, short, fat, and bald CAD designer from Flintstone, GA just across the TN/GA border from Chattanooga, TN. I'm a former hiker and backpacker but unfortunately knee and ankle injuries benched me from being able to go on the trail anymore. I still enjoy car camping whenever I get the chance, and just purchased my first hammock. I love the ease of setup and take down, especially since I don't have to get on my knees like I do with my tents. I previously had a lot of anxiety about falling out of a hammock, but that was instantly alleviated once I got into mine. Now...my anxiety comes from not being able to get OUT of the darn thing. Lord help me if I ever have to pee while in mine. If I were videoed getting stuck and trying to get out, I believe I could win America's Funniest Home Videos. I'm having a ton of fun learning and don't think I've ever laughed at myself so much. Enough said. I look forward to being in this forum and learning this new way of camping.

Cheers everybody,
    Dewaine

Hi Dewaine and welcome to the forums. Getting out of a gathered end hammock is made easier with a structural ridgeline if you can reach up and grab it. Some hammocks can also be made with pull straps on the upper ends specifically to help you pull yourself upright. I believe Dream Hammocks may offer those as an add-on, if my terrible memory serves.
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

Hammock
    Amok Draumr XL
    Welcome to HF, Dewaine! Beautiful part of the country you have there to hang in. If you can laugh at yourself already, you got this licked.
    Oooh, shiney! What does THIS button do?

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Sidewinder
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Welcome Dewaine. I’m fairly new to the forums but hammocking for several years now. I love not crawling out of a tents. Super helpful & knowledgeable group of people here, already set me straight a time or 2. Anyway, glad you’re here.

• + New Posts