Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hanging at home

Hammock
    13 foot La Siesta
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]177854[/ATTACH
    This is the head end you are going to have to turn the pic a bit sorry having trouble uploading the pics

035CAADC-3C3A-4E5D-B6ED-FA1F4EED8742.jpg
    Thats the foot end
    I sleep really warm as well but in the winter i need insulation life is a bit complicated for me and in the winter i dont always have heat. I have used many things with mixed results. But last year when it was -15 i was much luckier then my roomates who where they were freezing on the couch huddling for warmth. i was cozy in my hammock actully sweating. I dont always need alot but even though i have a double layer hammock it interferes with how much space i have in the hammock. it slides around. i use a down comforter being held by a cheap mayan hammock though there is much room for improvement i found this is best for me. i like having a little padding too. I cant wait for my new hammock to get here there are under quilt attachments and places to attach things better. lol much tweeking to do.

Ooops somehow those pics got switched cinder blocks are the foot end
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Festinalente; 10-29-2019 at 12:30.

OK, that clears up the head side tweak you described.

Hammock
    The cured intestines of my enemies
    Tarp
    Wing of bat
    Insulation
    Possum fur
    Suspension
    of disbelief
    Some random indoor hanging experiences...

I made a 17' hammock out of 1.6 HyperD XL. That was the longest I could fit in my bedroom, and I figured there couldn't be any negative to such a long hammock. It worked fine, but wasn't much more comfortable than a regular length camping hammock.

My next plan is to cut it down to 13', which will allow me to hang it in a slightly more convenient location in the bedroom.

I tried making hammocks out of cotton, and hated them - they were "sticky" against my bedclothes/skin, making it difficult to wriggle around to find the sweet spot. I wouldn't have predicted that I'd prefer slippery nylon, but I do.

I made a 10' hammock out of thick fleece, and use it as an underquilt in warmer weather. It attaches with thick shock cord at each end so that it's under slight tension when I'm in my hammock, thus keeping it snugly up against my butt. It saves wear and tear on my expensive down UQs, and is more comfortable, but not as warm as I expected it to be.

My partner still sleeps in a bed. I'd love it if she also switched to full-time hanging as it would allow us to get rid of the big bed, and make our bedroom much more spacious.

Hammock
    The cured intestines of my enemies
    Tarp
    Wing of bat
    Insulation
    Possum fur
    Suspension
    of disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Baka Dasai View Post
    ...I made a 17' hammock out of 1.6 HyperD XL. That was the longest I could fit in my bedroom, and I figured there couldn't be any negative to such a long hammock. It worked fine, but wasn't much more comfortable than a regular length camping hammock.

My next plan is to cut it down to 13', which will allow me to hang it in a slightly more convenient location in the bedroom...
    I've finally cut my 17' hammock down to 13', and, somewhat strangely, I like it better than when it was 17'. It feels more spacious than an 11', especially when I sleep with my arms raised above my head, and yet I don't feel "lost" in it like I did when it was 17'.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12