WB Blackbird XLC ; RR
    Tarp
    Superfly; W Haven
    Insulation
    WB TQ and UQ's
    Suspension
    Tensa4 and straps

Bug net for a net-less Ridgerunner

I have a net-less Ridgerunner and would like to have a bug net. Does anyone know about a bug net sock or system that would work well for this hammock?

I've contacted Warbonnet to see if they can retro-fit a bug net but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks.

Kirby

Hammock
    DH Raven, WBRR
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    If you contact @justbill here on the forums you can buy a fronkey style net for a bridge. I did that for my wife’s bridge hammock and it works great.

You can also contact him through his site: https://thisgearsforyou.com/bridge-hammock/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC ; RR
    Tarp
    Superfly; W Haven
    Insulation
    WB TQ and UQ's
    Suspension
    Tensa4 and straps
    Thanks. I have sent him a message.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    I bought and sometimes use the Warbonnet's Traveller Zip bug net on my netless RR.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC ; RR
    Tarp
    Superfly; W Haven
    Insulation
    WB TQ and UQ's
    Suspension
    Tensa4 and straps
    When you have used the Traveller bug net do you find that it fits around the spreader bars fine? It looks like a good solution if it won't tear the net. Also, do you have the XL model?

Thanks for the help.

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by jdy98p View Post
    If you contact @justbill here on the forums you can buy a fronkey style net for a bridge. I did that for my wife’s bridge hammock and it works great.

You can also contact him through his site: https://thisgearsforyou.com/bridge-hammock/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just so I'm not stirring Kirby the wrong way; Wasn't the net I sold you for a Kitsap Bridge?
    The RR has a roughly 14' ridgeline, my larger bridges have a 12' so I don't believe they will fit onto the RR without burning holes in the netting on one side to feed the dogbones through.

I told Kirby no when he reached out- but just in case I am mistaken figured I'd ask.

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    https://seatosummitusa.com/products/...d-net-shelters

This net is also a net that comes up as a cheap option for both bridge users and ground dwellers.
    It can be found onsale for relatively cheap (about $30).

Just thought of that Kirby so sorry it wasn't in my email. The nice thing with this one is that you can hang it off your tarp without needing to add a RL and it easily can go to ground when needed too. (or be set up for a hiking break)

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC ; RR
    Tarp
    Superfly; W Haven
    Insulation
    WB TQ and UQ's
    Suspension
    Tensa4 and straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    https://seatosummitusa.com/products/...d-net-shelters

This net is also a net that comes up as a cheap option for both bridge users and ground dwellers.
    It can be found onsale for relatively cheap (about $30).

Just thought of that Kirby so sorry it wasn't in my email. The nice thing with this one is that you can hang it off your tarp without needing to add a RL and it easily can go to ground when needed too. (or be set up for a hiking break)
    Thanks for all your help. I'll take a look at that option.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Just a word on the sock option (that you can buy from WarBonnet). Going that route will be like camping in a single wall tent - that's not a bad thing in the winter. But the sock is beathable so you'll still need a tarp. I highly suggest that you add the double door option and check about adding interior bug net D-Rings. I believe the design of the sock has changed a little so I don't know of those interior d-rings are standard with the double door.

Here's the issue. normally the RR sock opens on one side. So if you want to orient the hammock with the head at one end, you also dictate what side you'll enter/exit. Sometimes that might mean getting in/out the bridge on an inconvenient side. Having the double door (zipper opening) on both sides allows you to get in/out on either. Plus, it allows more venting - air flow control to minimize condensation on the inner walls. It opens up the view area. In the past, you had to disassemble the RR suspension to put the sock on. Having an opening on each side means allows an amount of venting, and enclosure, that would work mostly year round.

If it's summer and you have both doors open and there are skeeters, then what. That's where the interior d-rings come in. There is on on each end of the sock and it gives you a place to connect your bug net if your bridge has one.

A full sock (with two doors) is an option that gives you summer like exposure with both doors unzipped and winter time protection with both doors nearly closed (open a bit for some venting).
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    DH Raven, WBRR
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    Just so I'm not stirring Kirby the wrong way; Wasn't the net I sold you for a Kitsap Bridge?
    The RR has a roughly 14' ridgeline, my larger bridges have a 12' so I don't believe they will fit onto the RR without burning holes in the netting on one side to feed the dogbones through.

I told Kirby no when he reached out- but just in case I am mistaken figured I'd ask.
    Yeah, mine is a Kitsap Bridge. I wasn't aware the ridgelines were that much different, so good to know.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast