Hammock
    SLD and Dutch 1/2 zip
    Tarp
    Dutch Hexon
    Insulation
    WL Budget
    Suspension
    Straps and Beetle
    So I ordered a winter width catch all sack at 7:24 this morning. At 8:52 I received an email saying he "Jared" was just finishing up my order. I went with the 10 foot length. 10 feet seemed to be a good fit on my summer catch all and 11 foot trail runner with 110 inch ridge line. I cinch up the end of the catch all just leaving the continuous loops exposed.

So I took my catch-all out last weekend. I meant to take a picture of it in the field, but completely forgot! You can kind of see it in this picture though - it's the blue thing on the far side of my hammock suspension. It worked great! I always prefer hanging my hammock first and hanging my tarp over it, but because it was raining, I hung my tarp first. Using the catch-all made it easy-peasy to hang my hammock though. I could get it hung and adjusted before removing the sack, and then of course my underquilt, etc. was already set up inside.

I also used a new single piece tarp sleeve that I bought from Jared for my new 13 foot Warbonnet Thunderfly tarp (got it in the Black Friday sale!). I generally like the tarp sleeve, except that I wish it didn't taper so sharply on one side, since you can't pull that end over the body of the tarp, making it more difficult to put it on the tarp in the first place, and also complicating the process of drying the tarp out at home, since it was difficult to free that end of the tarp to expose it to air and let it dry without pulling off the entire length of the tarp sleeve. Plus the sleeve pocket on that side is too tiny to actually put in my coiled guyline in. The catch-all sack was great though.

In terms of fitting the catch-all into my pack, I was worried about how it would go, folding it up in the field, particularly when everything around me was wet, including wet leaves all over the ground. It actually wasn't too difficult though. I unhooked one end of the suspension, and then rolled the sack up as tightly as I could, while walking to the other end of the suspension. Then I put the coiled sack into the trash bag I had brought, and knelt on it to squash it further while I coiled up my webbing. After that it went into my pack pretty easily - though I'm sorry I forgot to take a picture of it in the pack. My large compression sack from REI has arrived, so next trip I'll try that out, and take a picture if it works better. Much heavier than a trash bag, but if I wind up with much more free space in my pack, it will be worth it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    ENO ProFly XL Sil
    Insulation
    Bandit TQ Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Glad it is working out so well! Excited to see the next set of photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    AHE Ridge Creek XL
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    I went with 9.5 for my DL WBRR on Jared's advice. He provided great customer service. I am really looking forward to getting it.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    ENO ProFly XL Sil
    Insulation
    Bandit TQ Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    When Tapatalk said this thread was updated I just went ooo. Excited to see more photos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had hoped to get out camping last week when I was off from work, but family-stuff meant I ended up having to stick close to home, and this coming weekend I'm traveling to see family. I'll post some more pics as soon as I'm able to get back out there.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123