Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Question TQ Footbox Condensation....

OK .... it is a hammock thang I reckon but I seem to ......more often than not .... get some condensation/moisture on my TQ footbox end and underneath when I have a pad under my foot area. Especially the warm and light Gossamer Gear 1/4 pad. ... never damp inside ...only out.

Last night I put a small Thermarest sit pad in my footbox of my JRB Hudson River TQ and had NO condensation on the TQ footbox.
    None this morn!!! Yeah.
    It is such a small and light inflatable pad that this is the first time I put a pad INSIDE my TQ. I had nothing under my legs from the mid calf to the Yeti)))))) no problem there. Just don't feel the cold there in milder cold.
    therm.bmp

Seems to dry fast in a breeze ... I usually sorta just hang the damp part out of the hammock in the day or put it in the sun ... if there is any.

Anyone else always have moisture in the footbox??????

Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Simply Light Design
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    LeighLo Down UQ
    Suspension
    Back to Whoopies!
    Have you kept track of the humidity?

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KMACK View Post
    Have you kept track of the humidity?
    Well .... I always check and always have it with any CCF pad. Less often with inflatable type but always use CCF pad with a half UQ.
    I have had the small Thermarest sit pad forever and now it may be my footpad.
    Is that what you were asking??? Or air humidity? Last night was humid ... cold damp.
    Shug

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post

Shug
    I have had moisture on the quilt foot end on several occasions. The condensation is always on the outside, the inside of the footbox is dry. Using a 3/4 UQ as well. I think it is the humidity in the air that does it. Seems to happen more when it is cold and humid, just cold by itself does not seem to do it. But I really don't know for sure, at one point I thought it was a squirrel that did it...

Hammock
    Simply Light Design
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    LeighLo Down UQ
    Suspension
    Back to Whoopies!
    Air humidity. Its easy to say what one feels is humid or not but unless one has a gauge to measure it then its just a guess. I use to race motorcycles (two stroke road bike) and keeping track of the humidity played a big part on how I would tune the bike prior to a race. Most of us keep on eye on the temp gauge when hanging but not too many check the humidity. There are many home electronic weather gizmos that can read the humidity which might help in understanding your condensation issue.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I use the GG eggcrate pad, and sometimes when I wake up there's condensatio pooled in the troughs of the eggcrate. When I get up, it doesn't take long for it to freeze so I have little sweat ice cubes to replenish my sodium before I start hiking for the day.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    wbbb dl 1.7
    Tarp
    Oes maccat deluxe
    Insulation
    WB yeti
    Suspension
    webbing,c-buckles
    "I use the GG eggcrate pad, and sometimes when I wake up there's condensatio pooled in the troughs of the eggcrate. When I get up, it doesn't take long for it to freeze so I have little sweat ice cubes to replenish my sodium before I start hiking for the day. "

Nothing like a little foot juice in the morning!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben,Warbonnet
    Insulation
    CaveCreek, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!!
    Images
    OK .... it is a hammock thang I reckon but I seem to ......more often than not .... get some condensation/moisture on my TQ footbox end and underneath when I have a pad under my foot area. Especially the warm and light Gossamer Gear 1/4 pad. ... never damp inside ...only out.

Last night I put a small Thermarest sit pad in my footbox of my JRB Hudson River TQ and had NO condensation on the TQ footbox.
    None this morn!!! Yeah.
    It is such a small and light inflatable pad that this is the first time I put a pad INSIDE my TQ. I had nothing under my legs from the mid calf to the Yeti)))))) no problem there. Just don't feel the cold there in milder cold.

Shug
    Shug,
    I can identify with this problem. It's unusual if I don't have condensation. I think some of us are just born "condensators."

I'm glad to see your post as I just picked up a camo pad just like that in the bargain bin at the sports show. I was planning on trying it in my footbox. Hopefully, I'll have the same results as you.

Randy
    “Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared” - Jack Handy

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangin'Yankee View Post
    Shug,
    I can identify with this problem. It's unusual if I don't have condensation. I think some of us are just born "condensators."

I'm glad to see your post as I just picked up a camo pad just like that in the bargain bin at the sports show. I was planning on trying it in my footbox. Hopefully, I'll have the same results as you.

Randy
    File a briefing ASAP iff'n ya' will.
    Sprig

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben,Warbonnet
    Insulation
    CaveCreek, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!!
    Images
    File a briefing ASAP iff'n ya' will.
    Sprig
    Iff'n ah get out fo a "stealthy" hang tonight, ah'll file a briefing tomorrow.

Randy
    “Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared” - Jack Handy

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast