diy cat cut hex
    Insulation
    whatever
    Suspension
    openable whoopies
    Images

space saver whoppies

my newest suspension idea.
    single line with whoopie on each end.i moved the rings that the chain links attach to,to the inside of the whoopies.now i have an adjustable structural ridge(by loosening the rings knots and moving them)and an easily adjustable whoopie on each end.the buries of the whoppies are no longer making my setup longer,and are under the tarp.no more accidently pulling the loop out of the whoopie.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    the top illustration in the drawing is the same suspension as the suspension on the bottom of the drawing.it is simply shown without hammock attached.
    i tied this up on my clark yesterday(my third change since getting my stuff 1.5 months ago from ahe).
    if you do not have it set tight enough for the ridge to stay tight when you put your weight in the hammock,the whoppie buries(that are now part of the ridge) will not be tight and the whoppies will slip.i was in and out of it several times yesterday when properly tightened and had no problems.i will test it out on a few overnight hangs shortly.
    whoo hangin
    bill
    edit afterthoght.this may work with a ucr on each side instead of the whoopie.
    Last edited by lonetracker; 03-20-2010 at 13:09. Reason: ucr bit added word structural to ajustable ridge added illustration note

Hammock
    Blackbird - Dbl. 1.1
    Tarp
    OES Spinn Deluxe
    Insulation
    REI Lite-Core 1.0
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopies
    Images

Couple ?'s

What is the final length of your double whoopie ridgeline?
    What have you done so far with the extra line that falls into your hammock?
    Are you only using one ring on your chainlink, or are you wrapping the woopie around two?

This looks like a plausable, albeit creative design. I think it's genious, if it works of course. Keep us posted, and thanks for the thread.
    Those who expect disappointment are never disappointed.

Hammock
    diy fiddle factor
    Tarp
    diy cat cut hex
    Insulation
    whatever
    Suspension
    openable whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gRaFFiX View Post
    What is the final length of your double whoopie ridgeline? the structural part is 102in. the complete line is 40ft.inside whoopie bury to inside whoopie bury is 90in.What have you done so far with the extra line that falls into your hammock?let it go to the non used side or loop it up and tie to ridge line.
    Are you only using one ring on your chainlink, or are you wrapping the woopie around two?not sure what you mean?have one ring per chainlink.each ring is fastened inside a whoopie loop to the non sliding side of itThis looks like a plausable, albeit creative design. I think it's genious, if it works of course. Keep us posted, and thanks for the thread.
    thanks for your interest
    bill

Hammock
    WarBonnet BB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniv + Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slingin'
    maybe teedee or someone more knowledgeable than myself on this can weigh in, but seems like whoppies would be a bad idea for a tarp ridgeline. Anything that has the abilityt to slip when not properly weighted would not be something i would want protecting me and my down quilt from freezing to death from wetness. They work great on the hammock because all that weight of you in the hammock is keeping them from slipping.

Hammock
    diy fiddle factor
    Tarp
    diy cat cut hex
    Insulation
    whatever
    Suspension
    openable whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ikemouser View Post
    maybe teedee or someone more knowledgeable than myself on this can weigh in, but seems like whoppies would be a bad idea for a tarp ridgeline. Anything that has the abilityt to slip when not properly weighted would not be something i would want protecting me and my down quilt from freezing to death from wetness. They work great on the hammock because all that weight of you in the hammock is keeping them from slipping.
    this is a hammock suspension .it has nothing to do with the tarp.
    Last edited by lonetracker; 03-20-2010 at 13:02. Reason: spelling

Hammock
    Bigred's custom
    Tarp
    Bigred's custom
    Insulation
    Bigred's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Cinch/Web
    Images
    Several, if not a lot of us on here are using whoopie slings for our hammock ridge line.

Mine is adjustable from 99" to 109". Though you will probably find one length works all of the time, this gives you flexibility should you want to make adjustments without undoing a knot.

Some may tie a slipped bunt-line or other knot as a reassurance...the choice is your, just makes sure the whoopie is pulled tight any time you put your hammock up.
    Bigred

Hammock
    diy fiddle factor
    Tarp
    diy cat cut hex
    Insulation
    whatever
    Suspension
    openable whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred72 View Post
    Several, if not a lot of us on here are using whoopie slings for our hammock ridge line.

Mine is adjustable from 99" to 109". Though you will probably find one length works all of the time, this gives you flexibility should you want to make adjustments without undoing a knot.

Some may tie a slipped bunt-line or other knot as a reassurance...the choice is your, just makes sure the whoopie is pulled tight any time you put your hammock up.
    thanks big red for your reply.i guess i did not explain this good enough.this ridgeline is not adjusted by a whoopie.the whoopies are for tree to tree adjustments.the ridgeline length is adjusted by loosening the knots holding the rings.the differance between this and normal two whoopie suspensions is,the buries for the whoopies are inside the ridge line length for this system.the other one,the one most people use,has the whoopie buries in addition to the ridge length.

Is one of those lines clove-hitched that hammock ring? Looks like the hammock would bunch into a ball if it wasn't.

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeDee View Post
    You don't really need adjustable loops on both ends though. A fixed eye splice on one end and the adjustable eye on the other end works fine.
    They let you center the hammock between the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by gRaFFiX View Post
    What have you done so far with the extra line that falls into your hammock?
    This may seem a minor consideration, but lines dangling in your face can be a nuisance.

If the line is simply wrapped around the ring several times, the effective ridgeline length can be adjusted by releasing the tension and sliding the ring.

... just makes sure the whoopie is pulled tight any time you put your hammock up.
    True, true, true!

Quote Originally Posted by lonetracker View Post
    thanks big red for your reply.i guess i did not explain this good enough.this ridgeline is not adjusted by a whoopie.the whoopies are for tree to tree adjustments.the ridgeline length is adjusted by loosening the knots holding the rings.the differance between this and normal two whoopie suspensions is,the buries for the whoopies are inside the ridge line length for this system.the other one,the one most people use,has the whoopie buries in addition to the ridge length.
    I get it. I like it.

Hammock
    1.1dbl WBBB
    Tarp
    ZPacks DCF
    Insulation
    SLD Enigma/WB Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I like it. Very creative! I enjoy seeing new variations on a theme.
    I might even switch my suspension to this.
    Kudos!
    Dan
    W7DDM

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast