View Poll Results: Are you attening the SEHHA Hangout in Hot Springs Sept 14-16?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'll be there Friday and Saturday nights

10 32.26%
  • Yes, but will be there Saturday night only

0 0%
  • Yes, but will just be there during the day on Saturday

3 9.68%
  • Sorry, can't make it

18 58.06%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Well...change in plans (as always). My mom lost her job last week and to cheer her up, I've offered to fly her out to see me for a week. Thing is, she can only come the week of this hangout, so I'm now going to have to bow out of the Hot Springs hangout, BUT, that allows me to justify attending another one in the near future , I'll just have to see what my job situation (as in...I have no job yet...) is like. ...maybe I just need to host my own, seeing as how I'm 30 minutes from the AT in central Virginia now....hmmmm....... I was really looking forward to meeting everyone there, so I suppose I'll get to have that to look forward to a little longer.
    Michele, sorry you can't make it to Hot Springs, we'll miss you. I was really looking forward to meeting you. If you host your own hangout, I'll go out of my way to be there if I have enough notice at work to request the time off. A couple months is usually best, but I'll wing it if I have to. Hope to catch you some time soon and have a great time with your Mom!
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Well...change in plans (as always). My mom lost her job last week and to cheer her up, I've offered to fly her out to see me for a week. Thing is, she can only come the week of this hangout, so I'm now going to have to bow out of the Hot Springs hangout, BUT, that allows me to justify attending another one in the near future , I'll just have to see what my job situation (as in...I have no job yet...) is like. ...maybe I just need to host my own, seeing as how I'm 30 minutes from the AT in central Virginia now....hmmmm....... I was really looking forward to meeting everyone there, so I suppose I'll get to have that to look forward to a little longer.
    sorry to hear that. hopefully you can make another group camp out soon.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Images
    SEHHA attenders,

Is anyone interested in hiking from Davenport Gap to Max Patch on Saturday Sept 15?

If not, would you be willing to give me a ride to either end from Hot Springs? We'll be back to Hot Springs in time for the hot dog cookout.

Egads

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Egads View Post
    SEHHA attenders,

Is anyone interested in hiking from Davenport Gap to Max Patch on Saturday Sept 15?

If not, would you be willing to give me a ride to either end from Hot Springs? We'll be back to Hot Springs in time for the hot dog cookout.

Egads
    Egads, I might be in on that one. I'd enjoy the hike as long as you're not one of those break-neck speed hikers. I'm a bit on the slow side, but would enjoy the challenge of a good hike. If you're interested, we could leave one car at Max Patch and the other at Standing Bear Farm, that way we have our own built in shuttle. Then we could go from Standing Bear (near the I-40 overpass) to Max Patch. Let me know and I'll arrange a place at Standing Bear to leave one of the cars.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Egads, I might be in on that one. I'd enjoy the hike as long as you're not one of those break-neck speed hikers. I'm a bit on the slow side, but would enjoy the challenge of a good hike. If you're interested, we could leave one car at Max Patch and the other at Standing Bear Farm, that way we have our own built in shuttle. Then we could go from Standing Bear (near the I-40 overpass) to Max Patch. Let me know and I'll arrange a place at Standing Bear to leave one of the cars.
    Egads and I had a nice overniter late last year. He is a break-neck speed hiker but I'm sure he would'nt mind slowing down a few mph.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticFringer View Post
    Egads and I had a nice overniter late last year. He is a break-neck speed hiker but I'm sure he would'nt mind slowing down a few mph.
    Thanks, I'll just shuttle you guys to your starting point. I'll see if Slowhike wants to hit the trail with me somewhere. He's more my speed. Tim, will the back allow to make a day hike in Hot Springs? How about to Deer Park Mountain Shelter? Anyone else game for that one?

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Thanks, I'll just shuttle you guys to your starting point. I'll see if Slowhike wants to hit the trail with me somewhere. He's more my speed. Tim, will the back allow to make a day hike in Hot Springs? How about to Deer Park Mountain Shelter? Anyone else game for that one?
    yeah, we could do a day hike.
    a few of us hiked up to lover's leap (over looks the river) last trip. we didn't go far, just walked & talked & took pictures. it was an enjoyable walk.
    i'll have to look at a map & see where deer park is.
    be sure & note the elevation change when you're looking at those trails. hot springs is down on the river & the trail goes quickly up onto a mountian in both dirrections<g>.
    Last edited by slowhike; 09-03-2007 at 05:48.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Images
    FF,

I was just trying to keep up with you, and beat the rain. Hooch & Slowhike, thanks for the offer. I'd be happy to slowdown just for the company.

Egads
    Last edited by Egads; 09-03-2007 at 06:18.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Michele - why not bring your mom to Hot Springs?! I'm sure there's an extra hammock around. And who knows...neo might even buy her dinner!

I'd come to a hangout in central VA if I'm in the country.

But since I can't make it to Hot Springs this time, I hope there are lots of good pics when it's over!
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Egads View Post
    FF,

I was just trying to keep up with you, and beat the rain. Hooch & Slowhike, thanks for the offer. I'd be happy to slowdown just for the company.

Egads
    Hey you were leading the way on the way out......I actually liked that break neck speed.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast