Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images

Clark, New owner announcemant

Hey everyone. 6 years ago I was working on making hammocks gear out of my basement. I have worked hard to build a company called Dutchware developing new products for the hammock industry. It has been a daily struggle to keep pushing the envelop in materials, hardware and products. It has been my pleasure to serve this community and although there have been rough times, I would do it all over again.

It is with great pride and pleasure that Dutchware has acquired Clark Outdoors Jungle Hammock. Gary Clark has been making amazing products for 23 years such as the NX270 and The Vertex. My first exposure to Clark was when I thru'd the AT. Hammocks were not a common sight on the trail but early on someone asked for help setting up their new Clark NA270. I was a Hennessy user and was amazed at all the pockets and top cover. Right away you could tell it was built like a tank. A couple years later I was hiking in the Shenandoahs and there was a bunch of military guys all carrying NX270s. Then I got my chance to buy my first Clark. It was a Vertex and I immediately fell in love with the comfort and the amazing construction. I consider myself a person who uses light gear and the Vertex is the opposite of light, but wow was it a great hammock for camping. It is truly a two person hammock and like I said before it was built like a tank. So many of the seams are double needle flat felled seams hold this thing together with USA made 70 denier fabrics. There are pockets on the bottom that you can put the coat in there to insulate the bottom of the hammock. If you know construction gear you can't help but to be intimidated by the thought of bringing all these seams together to make a highly functional beautiful hammock.

Guys, I am so tearfully proud to be the owner of Clark Hammock company. These represent something that I am proud of, American quality. In a world that is inodiated with foreign made Amazon, Clark is a product that has taken the high road with insisting on producing their products in the USA with Domestic fabrics. These hammocks are for people who cherish durable high quality products. We have been working hard since December learning how to manufacture them. They will be made right here in Lancaster PA and it is employing 3 full time seamstresses that are dedicated to continuing the Clark quality. I thought I was very knowledgeable in constructing quality gear but I have been humbled to learn all the new techniques. These jobs could have gone overseas or if the company wasn't continued, the void could have been filled by Amazon. Instead the Clark products will continue to be offered on our site. Seriously I am overflowing with pride in being able to keep this going.

https://dutchwaregear.com/clark-products/

Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

WooHoo! Great news, Dutch. My son hiked almost the entirety of the Appalachian Trail in a Clark North American in 2011, and it is still in great shape. I have 4 Clark Hammocks myself, and even after trying multiple other brands and styles, I keep coming back to them. I am sure that you, being you, will continue to innovate and improve the brand. Wow, just great news, and congrats! Oh yeah, and it would have been nice to have had a pic of you standing next to the one I had set up at Frozen Butt...

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Ah that would explain the couple of weird URL forwards I had experienced lately. Way to go man, congrats. A win/win for everybody. I love to see positive and benevolent empires expand.
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

Hammock
    Dutch 12' Netless
    Tarp
    ProVenture Nylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Humming Bird style
    Images
    I guess now it is official Dutch is no longer a cottage industry. He is a full fledged business making acquisitions and managing a multi-divisional conglomeration. Next step an IPO???
    Good for you, BTW. That is exciting news.

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Congratulations Dutch!
    I have been to many of the Hammock events at Pinegrove as well as numerous hiking trips with my Clark hammock NX250
    that is one good product and I have always been a big fan.
    you have my full support
    MML--The Man, The Myth, and the Legend

"I am the eagle, I live in high country, in rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky;
    I am the hawk and there's blood on my feathers, but time is still turning they soon will be dry;
    All those who see me, and all who believe in me, share in the freedom I feel when I fly.”
    John Denver--1943-1997

Ive always loved Clarks from afar, was disappointed when the closed shop. Glad to see production will live on.

Hammock
    DIY Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Turtle Ties
    Images
    It‘s a win win situation. Congratulations to both of you!
    Omnia vincit lectulus pensilis.

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Congrats to both of you, Gary Clark for a bombproof hammock and well deserved retirement, Dutch for taking on the endeavor of continuing a well established name and hammock.

Hopefully Gary will have time to come down to HangCon 2021 as a hanger. We've tried having him in the past but he was always so busy.

And now for Dutch to showcase a beautiful Clark/Dutch hammock along with your other awesome gear.

Very happy for both of you.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    WB--Dutch-Clark-Amok
    Tarp
    WB-CC-UGQ-Amok
    Insulation
    Down and Synthetic
    Suspension
    CL/Becket~LA/ 7/64
    Livin’ Large ~ Horizontally

Senior Member backpackingZombie's Avatar
    Hammock
    DB 1.1
    Tarp
    CCS 8'x10'
    Insulation
    Arroyo & Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies + toggles
    Very cool news. Funny. Last week I was looking at the Clark site thinking "I really need to change my hammock out this year" and then this morning I go there and it's changed

You've done a lot of hard work to get here. Congratulations!
    When it seems like the night will last forever
    And there's nothing left to do but count the years
    When the strings of my heart start to sever
    And stones fall from my eyes instead of tears
    I will walk alone by the black muddy river
    And dream me a dream of my own
    -Jerry

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast