Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    WB Sprfly & Thundr
    Insulation
    HG 40deg
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling

First Dream Hammock

I have heard a lot about Dream Hammock. After being in my Eldorado for a year I thought it was time to bite the bullet and order a sparrow with left lay. I’m looking forward to the long slumbers in the woods.

Two great hammocks is a good start...

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeeler87 View Post
    I have heard a lot about Dream Hammock. After being in my Eldorado for a year I thought it was time to bite the bullet and order a sparrow with left lay. I’m looking forward to the long slumbers in the woods.
    You're gonna love it, I predict.

My first custom hammock was a Darien and I wanted a 10-footer with DH recommended width, which was 64" for my height at 5'9". I've used several other hammocks since, but that one is still my hands-down favorite, made with MTN 1.7

Just for the database, what is the width of yours, what material and what is your height?
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    my first dream hammock was a dangerbird and then a sparrow and then a Darien. they are all great hammocks, I use the sparrow for car camping and winter backpacking trips and just got the Darien and going to use it for fall, spring and summer backpacking trips
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    WB Sprfly & Thundr
    Insulation
    HG 40deg
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    I’m looking forward to it. The eldorado is a great hammock and got better sleep in it than my blackbird but a little heavy since it’s a double layer. I got the 1.6 hyperD single layer and really excited to try it. I’m 6”1 and got the 11ft as wide as possible

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeeler87 View Post
    I got the 1.6 hyperD single layer and really excited to try it.
    good choice 1.6 HyperD is by far my favorite material for a hammock. my sparrow and dangerbird is made out of it. I wanted a lightweight hammock for fall/summer/spring so with the Darien I went with a 10ft hammock made out of the 1.3 MTN material. haven't gotten to sleep in it yet but will soon.
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Dream Hammock is awesome, you're gonna love it! My first hammock from them was a Raven in Hyper D 1.6- 58" wide; and my second was the 11' Darien in the previous Mtn 1.2 fabric- 64" wide. Both hammocks are extremely comfortable. I prefer the extra width of the Darien, but probably like the feel of the Hyper D fabric just a tad more. But I sleep well in both.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    WB Sprfly & Thundr
    Insulation
    HG 40deg
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Im sure I will from all I hear about Dream Hammock. Just curious why do you like the Darien better and what is the differences in the Man 1.2 and Hyper D 1.6?

Images
    Both are very good fabrics, but in my experience, there's just a slight difference in hand/feel between the 1.6 HyperD and the 1.6 HyperD XL. The XL is ever so slightly stiffer and conversely the regular width is ever so slightly softer. That's just an observation of the hand with these 2 materials. I don't know about any difference in stretch.

I have an 11' DIY netless hammock in regular 1.6 HyperD, and I have a Sparrow in 1.6 HyperD XL (11' long, 64" wide : I'm 6'1"). The Sparrow is a very comfortable ride and super well made. I just don't end up using it all that much, which is a shame.

OP mentioned getting the width "as wide as possible" which is an option Dream Hammock offers when ordering. For the regular width HyperD, that's probably 58" and for the XL it's probably 74" ... so quite a big difference there, depending on which fabric was chosen.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    WB Sprfly & Thundr
    Insulation
    HG 40deg
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Yes it should be 58'' wide with the regular HyperD. Im trying to lighten my pack just a little bit without affecting comfort. If its not wide enough ill just have to get me another hammock haha. Do y'all use the DH UQ or not? My next purchase will be upgrading my winter UQ to a full length.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast