Chameleon Wide
    Tarp
    Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    Images
    jghorton, I'm going to revisit that thread and practice again. The site wasn't in optimal condition because of all the rain we've had. I never thought that particular spot would have been as wet and muddy as it was. Plus, I had to get back home for chores and to see my little niece and nephew who were visiting.
    If I can add to the UQ attachment solution, I'll post more pictures.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG DCF std w/doors
    Insulation
    WM TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Hung my new Banyan this weekend under a dyneema HG tarp. Looking forward to seeing what Dutch comes up with to protect the tips of the spreader bars, although the ends don't have any burrs on them and are rounded off more so than other tips have been.

thumbnail_IMG_1209.jpg
    Iceman857

"An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock" - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny (French Army General in WWII)

Hammock
    WBRR & Banyan
    Tarp
    Bonded Xenon Wide
    Insulation
    UGQ & Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
    I received my Banyan last week, and I tried it out this weekend. I have a UGQ Winterdream tarp, with side pull outs for the external pole mods. I found by having one side a bit higher, I could get in on the opposite end without issue; if your backside in the Banyan 1/2 to 2/3 of its width when getting in, the spreader pole bars don’t go up high enough to touch the tarp. However, if I’m sitting right on the edge of the Banyan when getting in, the head end spreader bar would touch the tarp, even with the pull outs.

It seems that looking at the first version of the Banyan in videos, when compared to the most recent version, the spreader bars seem to be a little more rounded on the ends. Sorry I didn’t get any pictures, but just wanted to share those observations in case that helps. I’m also not remembering if my winterdream is an 11 foot or 12 foot (though the UGQ website says only offers 12 or 13, I did get it some years ago).

Additionally, I was able to get one set of doors fully closed, where I couldn’t get the opposite end doors closed. I positioned the tarp so that I would be able to close the head end. I could still angle the foot end doors for coverage, but was unable to snap them closed due to the suspension triangles on the Banyan.

Overall, it works. It’s not a perfect fit; however, it was a blustery weekend and I felt I still had good coverage and a decent amount of room under the tarp. I would personally like some covers that I can add to the spreader bars to make the ends broader and more blunt, just for safety sake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    277522079_10159711150764204_3211547315342140263_n.jpg

Here is a picture I uploaded to another discussion elsewhere with the tips of the WB RR original poles 2020 build, WB RR Ruta Locura, and current DW Banyan.

Hammock
    Chameleon Wide
    Tarp
    Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    Images
    Had another day too play with my Banyan. Conditions were better. I hung my Mountain Fly tarp up over it and I didn’t see any real issues at a least how I rigged it up. Used the DW beetle buckles for the hammock and a continuous ridge line for the tarp. Then I put the timeout poles over the ridge line and it did help pull the tarp up a little Sure looks ok to me. I’d like a little more length on the tarp but this looks like it’ll work out just fine. UQ is still a bit loose I think, but I’m hoping to get a real sleep in it test soon.
    50C56998-3805-427D-9B32-BFFD9C72BD9A.jpg2104123D-5165-41AF-805A-3ED4E0E0EC1C.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Chameleon Wide
    Tarp
    Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    Images
    Ipad don’t like this format.
    If that’s eve the right terminology.