Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Recalc View Post
    Have two questions about CRL using 2mm line such as Lawson Glowire.
    1. If prusiks are used, should that line be Zingit 1.75 to optimize tension?
    2. Does 2mm line mean Dutch Hooks & FlyZ (or Wasps) need to be replaced by knots? If so, would Blake's Hitch would hold?

Zingit will work, but to ease adjustment, add a thumb 'adjustment loop' while wrapping the prusik. It helps quite a bit by loosening the prusik wraps when you tug on the loop. Micro cord would work too, but once it locks on the glowire, it will be a challenge to adjust. Again, the thumb loop would help.

I HATE prusiks.

Most of the Dutch gear that rely on a 'wing' of sorts to lock the cord (Wasp, Fleaz, Flyz, Stingerz etc) can be adjusted if the bite on the 2mm cord is too much. Simple matter of using a small flat blade screwdriver to gently bend the wing or antennae open a little bit.

As an alternative, you could use mini ucrs instead of prusiks. I haven't tried, but I'd bet you could use zingit for the ucr around the glowire. If you want to consider this, I can build a set to see how they work. They would hold great.
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

I just got a bunch of loop-alien knock-offs and I used them this past weekend and love them. Note: I don't leave my guylines attached to the tarp between trips

Larks-head one end of the guy-line to the tarp tie out. Put a loop alien close to the tie out. Pull the guy line through the big hole and loop it over the small hole. (medium hole is parallel to the guy line and pointing towards the tree. Wrap the guy line around the tree, bring it back to the loop alien and wrap it once behind the alien but infront of the guyline that is going towards the tree. Quick and easy and other than the larkshead, no other knots needed. It also creates a nice "V" in the tarp guy line that you can easily have your hammock strap suspension go through it. As most of the time the straps on the hammock are higher than the rope/cordage for the tarp. (at least for me and the inexpensive equipment that I buy.) Plus it was easy to add slack on one end and tighten the other to adjust the tarp side-to side.

-Clyde

Hammock
    Kammok Roo Double (Sand)
    Tarp
    MSR Wing 100
    Insulation
    Kammok Firebelly
    Suspension
    ENO Helios XL

I wrote up some details over in the Amsteel tarp discussion, but these are my two setups.

1.75 Lash-It with a wasp and hook, and an Amsteel 7/64 with a titanium Alienloop XL, and Hammock Gear Ti mini clip. Both are 50’ and use Lash-It or Zing-It continuous loops with mini clips (using the same Titanium clips from Hammock gear even though this photo shows plastic mitten clips).

Lash-It continuous loops used on Lash-It of the same diameter do not have quite as good a hold when compared to Lash-It on Amsteel obviously, but they still hold well enough. Easy to center the tarp (not as easy as an adjustable CLR).

I’m sticking with these, and my go-to is the 1.75 line setup given the packability in my tarp bag. I may move to a double stuff sack for my tarp but not yet.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345