Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    I have a darien ordered also and it's going to be September before it is done, it's black hyperD also with all yellow accents. this will be my 4th dream hammock I have a sparrow, dangerbird, another darien (in 1.3 MTN that I may end up selling because I'm not a big fan of the material but gonna give it a few more tries) and then the one that is on order.

there is 2 more fabrics that they carry that is over 70in wide but the hyperD is my favorite material of all that I have tried.

enjoy the Darien
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 12
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equipm
    Suspension
    Dutchware SpiderPo
    Interesting. I must have missed the other fabrics. Anyway, glad I picked the right one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Chameleon/TE Happy Medium/SG
    Tarp
    Thunderfly/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG / LL
    Suspension
    Becket
    Images
    Congrats on the Darien wait nearing the end...I love my RTS one that I recently tried prior to ordering a custom (which is way down at the end of their queue: https://dreamhammock.com/current-orders/10569/)

The RTS gave me the opportunity to check out a new fabric, MTN 1.3 as well as a 64" wide hammock. I love the extra width of the hammock; my feet don't feel all jammed up against the side of the hammock when I sleep (I'm 5'8" or so). The MTN 1.3 fabric is 'meh' for me.

I'm liking HyperD as a fabric but have a weird question -- is one side different than the other? In my quest for the perfect hammock, I've got 2 SLD Trail Lairs at the moment, both in HyperD regular width. One is Coyote Brown and one is Foliage. Somehow the Coyote Brown one seems smoother on the inside compared to the Foliage. It's like you can just ever so slightly "feel" the ripstop grid on one side, while the other side is completely smooth.

Even if I am imagining it, I put a note on my DH Darien order for them to check the "hand" and if they could feel a difference, put the smoother side of the HyperD XL on the inside.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 12
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equipm
    Suspension
    Dutchware SpiderPo
    I’ll have to get back to you on that since it’s currently en route. It’s hard to tell from the photos on their site. I can clearly see the grid pattern on the outside, but don’t know if there’s a difference on the inside. I’m guessing someone else on here may have one and can answer better than I can until my hammock arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    Looks like it will make a great backpacking hammock.

I just checked and there are only ten orders ahead of mine.I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

https://dreamhammock.com/current-orders/10225/
    Last edited by amonk; 07-24-2020 at 05:40.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadark View Post
    Congrats on the Darien wait nearing the end...I love my RTS one that I recently tried prior to ordering a custom (which is way down at the end of their queue: https://dreamhammock.com/current-orders/10569/)

The RTS gave me the opportunity to check out a new fabric, MTN 1.3 as well as a 64" wide hammock. I love the extra width of the hammock; my feet don't feel all jammed up against the side of the hammock when I sleep (I'm 5'8" or so). The MTN 1.3 fabric is 'meh' for me.

I'm liking HyperD as a fabric but have a weird question -- is one side different than the other? In my quest for the perfect hammock, I've got 2 SLD Trail Lairs at the moment, both in HyperD regular width. One is Coyote Brown and one is Foliage. Somehow the Coyote Brown one seems smoother on the inside compared to the Foliage. It's like you can just ever so slightly "feel" the ripstop grid on one side, while the other side is completely smooth.

Even if I am imagining it, I put a note on my DH Darien order for them to check the "hand" and if they could feel a difference, put the smoother side of the HyperD XL on the inside.
    Is one of these Hyper D and the other Hyper D XL? In my experience, there's a slight difference in feel between those two. I think the regular width feels a little softer.

Hammock
    Chameleon/TE Happy Medium/SG
    Tarp
    Thunderfly/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG / LL
    Suspension
    Becket
    Images
    They two hammocks I have from Jared are both HyperD regular width. The Darien I have on order is HyperD XL so I could get 62" wide. I'm hoping it's close to the softness of the regular width HyperD.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadark View Post
    They two hammocks I have from Jared are both HyperD regular width. The Darien I have on order is HyperD XL so I could get 62" wide. I'm hoping it's close to the softness of the regular width HyperD.
    It's close. The difference in feel is really slight. I think there's also a slight variation in same-colors between the regular and wide. But you'd be hard-pressed to notice unless they were side by side.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    HG incubators and
    Quote Originally Posted by soul embrace View Post
    I have a darien ordered also and it's going to be September before it is done, it's black hyperD also with all yellow accents. this will be my 4th dream hammock I have a sparrow, dangerbird, another darien (in 1.3 MTN that I may end up selling because I'm not a big fan of the material but gonna give it a few more tries) and then the one that is on order.

there is 2 more fabrics that they carry that is over 70in wide but the hyperD is my favorite material of all that I have tried.

enjoy the Darien
    Let me know if you decide to sell the 1.3 MTN. I have been on the fence about trying it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast