Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Bridge hammock

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli UL
    Insulation
    TQ (HG) + UQ (JRB)
    Suspension
    Hugger + Whoopie
    Posts
    9
    Images
    3

    Bridge hammock

    Hey folks, I'm looking to try my luck with a bridge hammock. Right now I'll probably be using it only inside (with my newly built TurtleDog stand), so it doesn't have to have a bug net. And I weigh about 200 lbs so that might be too heavy for some products, just FYI. Thanks!

  2. #2

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Kimberley, BC
    Hammock
    WB RR / SLD TL
    Tarp
    TF / Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HG / WB / LL
    Suspension
    DG Beetle Buckle
    Posts
    82
    Images
    2
    I have a Warbonnet Ridgerunner, the latest configuration without the metal tabs for the spreader bars. 30D nylon, no net, double layer, true blue. The Warbonnet site says the double layer has a 250 lb weight capacity.

    Has two nights use at the most...perfect condition.

    $100 shipped to your door; PayPal accepted.

    RR True Blue.jpg
    RR spreader.jpg

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli UL
    Insulation
    TQ (HG) + UQ (JRB)
    Suspension
    Hugger + Whoopie
    Posts
    9
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadark View Post
    I have a Warbonnet Ridgerunner, the latest configuration without the metal tabs for the spreader bars. 30D nylon, no net, double layer, true blue. The Warbonnet site says the double layer has a 250 lb weight capacity.

    Has two nights use at the most...perfect condition.

    $100 shipped to your door; PayPal accepted.

    RR True Blue.jpg
    RR spreader.jpg
    Thanks, Canadark. That looks sweet. But I didn't realize until after I posted my WTB that you can't just easily add a bug net after the fact with the WBRR. I was thinking I would buy one later on if I liked the bridge hammock. So I might be back tracking on my "don't need a net" statement. Let me think about that for a minute and get back to you.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli UL
    Insulation
    TQ (HG) + UQ (JRB)
    Suspension
    Hugger + Whoopie
    Posts
    9
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadark View Post
    I have a Warbonnet Ridgerunner, the latest configuration without the metal tabs for the spreader bars. 30D nylon, no net, double layer, true blue. The Warbonnet site says the double layer has a 250 lb weight capacity.

    Has two nights use at the most...perfect condition.

    $100 shipped to your door; PayPal accepted.

    RR True Blue.jpg
    RR spreader.jpg
    Hey Canadark, just getting back to you on this. I'm going to try to get one with a bug net. Thanks again for the offer, though.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Kimberley, BC
    Hammock
    WB RR / SLD TL
    Tarp
    TF / Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HG / WB / LL
    Suspension
    DG Beetle Buckle
    Posts
    82
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddog15 View Post
    Hey Canadark, just getting back to you on this. I'm going to try to get one with a bug net. Thanks again for the offer, though.
    Thanks for letting me know. I'll post it on the For Sale forum as soon as I find a couple other things to pass on...

    And good luck with the RR or other bridge. I absolutely love the SL netted one I'm keeping. Been trying to make a GE work, but there's so much fiddling with the blasted underquilt!

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli UL
    Insulation
    TQ (HG) + UQ (JRB)
    Suspension
    Hugger + Whoopie
    Posts
    9
    Images
    3
    Anyone else looking to sell a bridge hammock right now?

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Maple Hill, Ks
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddog15 View Post
    Anyone else looking to sell a bridge hammock right now?
    I have a Lawson bridge hammock, tag says 250 pounds. Think it might be a youth model since it has a BSA logo.

    It might work for me, I'm 6' 200#s. Has an integral bug net and includes a small tarp .

    Has ropes for a suspension :-( so I'll say none. Stuff sack and a sack for the "tent poles".


    Sorry about the picture orientation.



    I was thinking $20 and actual shipping. Weighs about 6 pounds unboxed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli UL
    Insulation
    TQ (HG) + UQ (JRB)
    Suspension
    Hugger + Whoopie
    Posts
    9
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Topeka View Post
    I have a Lawson bridge hammock, tag says 250 pounds. Think it might be a youth model since it has a BSA logo.

    It might work for me, I'm 6' 200#s. Has an integral bug net and includes a small tarp .

    Has ropes for a suspension :-( so I'll say none. Stuff sack and a sack for the "tent poles".


    Sorry about the picture orientation.



    I was thinking $20 and actual shipping. Weighs about 6 pounds unboxed.
    Hi Topeka, that's an interesting hammock. And the price is right! But I'm looking for something that I can take with me backpacking if I decide bridges are for me. So I'm going to pass on yours

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli UL
    Insulation
    TQ (HG) + UQ (JRB)
    Suspension
    Hugger + Whoopie
    Posts
    9
    Images
    3
    Closing this post; I found what I needed.

  • + New Posts
  • Similar Threads

    1. DIY standard hammock, bridge hammock, and tarp with doors
      By Dabberty in forum Do-It-Yourself (DIY)
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 03-07-2019, 06:43
    2. Bridge Hammock & Hammock Pipe Stand?
      By Trail Runner in forum General Hammock Talk
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 08-25-2014, 11:34
    3. Do you sleep warmer in a bridge hammock or a bannana hammock
      By HappyCamper in forum Bottom Insulation
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: 11-27-2011, 00:32
    4. Hammock Bliss Coccon and Bridge Hammock
      By TeeDee in forum General Hammock Talk
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 10-20-2008, 12:34

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •