Extending the Eno Nomad hammock stand

Just got this stand. It is a solid build and it seems to work great if your hammock is the right length. My favorite hammock is too long to get a good hang. If Eno sold an extension to the bar that hangs between the two quadripods (or whatever you call them) i would buy one from them and that would solve the problem. They do not thus I am thinking about making my own. I'll need some bungee which is easy to find, but I will need to find the proper tent style (preferably lightweight as that used in this stand) piping in the right diameter. Thus my question. Does anyone know of a source(s) where I might be able to get a 1.5 to 2 ft extension (with male and female ends) to add to the utility of the eno nomad stand. thanks for any suggestions.

Hammock
    XLC, Superior Gear 0deg
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki0* TQHomemade
    Suspension
    Whoopie, Atlas
    Mine is supposed to be here tomorrow or the next day. I already had this plan in mind. I want to use it with my Warbonnet XLC and and my Superfly. I talked to a steel supplier here in town and once I get it he is confident he can come up with some similar pipe and be able to sweg an end or figure out a way to extend the bar and we have a plan to be able to hang the Superfly as well. If this all goes as planned I post some pics and ideas.

Hammock
    XLC, Superior Gear 0deg
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki0* TQHomemade
    Suspension
    Whoopie, Atlas
    Quote Originally Posted by mpapen View Post
    Just got this stand. It is a solid build and it seems to work great if your hammock is the right length. My favorite hammock is too long to get a good hang. If Eno sold an extension to the bar that hangs between the two quadripods (or whatever you call them) i would buy one from them and that would solve the problem. They do not thus I am thinking about making my own. I'll need some bungee which is easy to find, but I will need to find the proper tent style (preferably lightweight as that used in this stand) piping in the right diameter. Thus my question. Does anyone know of a source(s) where I might be able to get a 1.5 to 2 ft extension (with male and female ends) to add to the utility of the eno nomad stand. thanks for any suggestions.
    Sidenote the forum will not let me add pictures. if you would like to see more pics of the build pm me.
    250px-ANSI_Caution_Header_-_1969.svg.png250px-ANSI_Warning_Header_-_1991.svg.png250px-ANSI_Danger_Header_-_1969.svg.png
    This is in no way an engineered option. This works for me and me alone I am sure this will kill someone if they were to try what I am showing here. No one should ever do this.........

So away I go. I received my Nomad and and put my ENO doublenest up and it worked great. It however is to short for the XLC. So off to the hardware store I went. I found a piece of 1 1/4 schedule M copper pipe is the right size to do the job. Here is what I did.
    copper.jpg
    1 Remove ridgepole from Nomad setup2 Pull end cap from the double female end of ridgepole
    end.jpg
    3 Untie the blue shock cord from the grey plastic end
    4 Remove the double female end pipe from the ridgepole
    5 Remove the next pipe in the stack
    6 Insert the 48" copper pipe onto the the remaining stack and fish the shock cord back through the ridgepole
    7 Flip the removed male/female pipe you removed in step #5 and fish the shock cord through this pipe
    blueend.jpg
    8 Retie the shock cord onto the grey ridgepole end cap and replace the cap back on the factory pipe end
    9 test fit everything

10 sand and paint the copper pipe11 hang your xlc and enjoy. 12 Invent a way you like to add your tarp of choice if needed.
    Enjoy or wait don't enjoy this will definitely get you killed.
    Last edited by SoDakOverland; 01-13-2021 at 19:18. Reason: pictures wont upload

• + New Posts