Hammock
    SLD Voyageur / TL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    SLD UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Buckles/Becket
    For sure it will feel different in terms of sway and initial firmness when you get in or more around.

The sway of the hammock has a very sticatto feel when there is no strap length to the tree. It seems to more twist than swing. The movement it fast and changes direction quickly and seems to stop much more quickly.

It also feel firmer when you move around because there is no strap length to take up and give back slack as you do. All the tension is on the hammock, CLs, possibly the ridgeline depending on the width.

Once everything stops moving however, the physics of the situation seem to say it would feel the same. Thats a big IF however, because nothing ever really stops moving.

Plus, I think there’s just no getting around that the hammock knows that it is meant to be outdoors and attached to a tree!

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    When I tried hanging my hammock indoors first, I had the same problem. I tried all kinds of solutions. I moved the anchor points around until my walls were riddled with holes. No improvement. I got steel springs for the suspension. No improvement. I started a hammock collection. None was as comfortable as my camping hammock hanging between two trees. I built a Turtle Dog hammock stand. No improvement. It took about 2 years until I decided to bite the bullet and install two wooden beams on the walls that gave me the same adjustability as two trees. With that it was no problem to hang the hammock perfectly. I have switched to a hammock full-time since. The only hammock stand that works for me is the Tensa4. Unfortunately, it's not exactly a space saver, and I would only use it indoors if I had a large room available.

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    There are two obvious solutions. Hutzelbein has identified the second, being able to vary the height. I have friends (@Oldgringo) who have successfully used the L-brackets intended for anchoring things to truck beds to do this. If I rig a more permanent indoor hang, I'll use them. The first, and best, solution is of course to stay outside. The air is cleaner there, anyway.

If you are only using CL as suspension... you could try making simple loops with the CL too one or both ends.... try one end first.... slip the carabiners through the loop made and clip onto your stand... this will tighten things up a bit taking out some sag too the RL.
    You could also experiment by redrilling a few more hight attachment levels, extra hanging hights, lower - higher just extra options that potentially may give back to your nice looking stand to mate!
    All the best!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12