Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

Question DIY Covered Bug Net Enclosure

Hey folks,

I’ve got the DIY bug and am looking to sew something this winter. When I go canoe camping, if it’s buggy, we all know this can be a drag. When it’s rainy, people can sit under my tarp, but not so helpful with mosquitoes buzzing. I’m aiming to sew some sort of large area bug net for several people to sit under. I was thinking of either making something that pairs well with my warbonnet superfly w/ pole mods, or making a DIY tarp kit and attaching bug netting to its edges. I would then just need to design the netting around the DIY tarp kit.

Has anyone ever built something like this? I imagine I will want it to have a ridgeline, have openings to be compatible with hanging a hammock underneath, and I’m open to using pole mods to make sure headspace is good.

This is an example of a similar product in terms of the function of what I hope to build:

I don’t really have a set budget for this, I’m not making it out of cuben fiber or anything so I figure it could cost up to $150-200 based on the materials and parts for it. I have some novice sewing experience and have sewn a couple of hammocks. I have a sewing machine.

Let me know your thoughts, if you have any design ideas, or if you’ve seen a project like this in the past! I’ll try and post here as I complete my design and sew it up.

Hammock
    SLD 11'
    Tarp
    11' HG w/ doors
    Insulation
    DIY or HG
    Suspension
    Webbing/Beckett
    There was a post awhile back about adding vertical sides to a tarp for wind blocking. Dont think it ever got made, but the gist was to have removable material kam snapped or omni taped on.
    If it were me, I'd try to pitch the tent to the ground, and carry citronella candles or some other sort of portable bug repellent for the inside.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    becket hitch
    I bet you could easily mod this one from Walmart. https://www.walmart.com/ip/4-Corner-...lack/157599961 It's cheap and huge. Throw some strategically placed snaps on your tarp and you're good to go.

• + New Posts