DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Ahh I'd need to double up face masks to block that moon! But I'm also the guy that puts black electrical tape over that small green light on some AC adapters.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr XL
    Quote Originally Posted by infrastellar View Post
    speaking of transparent cuben tarp and all night moon ... yeah, i like it a lot

Do the bears find people more appetizing when they can see them through DCF or do they prefer the surprise of seeing food after ripping the tarp off?

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I read that polar bears like the igloos. Hard and crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr XL
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    I read that polar bears like the igloos. Hard and crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside.
    Makes me think I wouldn’t want to camp in northern Alaska.

It doesn’t bother me at all, but it’s also not so transparent that I’d ever say I Enjoyed seeing the moon through it...it’s just a fuzzy white ball.

I think the only practical issue is that rain sounds louder when it hits, but that didn’t bother me either.

Mine lasted almost two Thru hikes and I loved it

Hammock
    1.0 HyperD DIY
    Tarp
    Dutchware DCF
    Insulation
    DIY down
    Suspension
    Straps
    A little late to the party here, but nothing new here. I’ve got a 0.51oz in olive, and it’s translucent, but far from see-through. So, privacy definitely isn’t an issue. The sunlight DOES come through, but I don’t see it as a bad thing in my case. If the sun’s out, then I need to get up anyway. I’m not much of a morning person, and it battles my urge to go back to sleep, so it’s a plus for me.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    DD superlight
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Quote Originally Posted by AmberG View Post
    A little late to the party here, but nothing new here. I’ve got a 0.51oz in olive, and it’s translucent, but far from see-through. So, privacy definitely isn’t an issue. The sunlight DOES come through, but I don’t see it as a bad thing in my case. If the sun’s out, then I need to get up anyway. I’m not much of a morning person, and it battles my urge to go back to sleep, so it’s a plus for me.
    I just got camo palace as I am planning to hike AT, but I think that later I need to buy something else also as I need some protection from sunlight when I am in Lapland during summer. The sun doesn't go down from the horizon for couple months so I cannot stay awake all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Peltolau View Post
    I just got camo palace as I am planning to hike AT, but I think that later I need to buy something else also as I need some protection from sunlight when I am in Lapland during summer. The sun doesn't go down from the horizon for couple months so I cannot stay awake all the time.
    I was hiking in Finnmark last summer in a DCF single-wall tent (as solid trees aren't reliably found up there) and had no problem with the light. In fact, my most uncomfortable night was the one I spent in the shadow of a hill, it got properly chilly! I understand that we all have different tolerances to things though.

Quote Originally Posted by Peltolau View Post
    When are you heading to the AT?

Hammock
    1.0 HyperD DIY
    Tarp
    Dutchware DCF
    Insulation
    DIY down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Yes, the sun never going down might definitely be problematic with DCF. The moon has woken me up a couple of times, but I was more in awe of how bright it was to have woken me up than I was annoyed. I just rolled over and went back to sleep.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123