Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: 2 night trip

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair 12’
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dynaweb
    Posts
    100

    2 night trip

    Some basic footage from a great 2 night trip around my locale..
    Distance hiked around 20 miles over 3 days and temps around 2c at night.
    A very chilled out relaxing trip.
    Some creatures heard on the video: green woodpecker, swan, Chinese water deer, buzzard, mallard duck, teal, moorhen, coot, blackbird, wood pigeon....

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    sussex, uk
    Hammock
    WBB XLC
    Tarp
    winterdream 11ft
    Insulation
    HG stuff
    Suspension
    becket straps
    Posts
    163
    looks like you had a nice trip there for a few days peace and quiet

    Dave

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair 12’
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dynaweb
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by hangerdave View Post
    looks like you had a nice trip there for a few days peace and quiet

    Dave
    Well needed and received peace and quiet...

  4. #4
    cmoulder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Ossining, NY
    Hammock
    DH Darien #6235, #7111
    Tarp
    HG hex, hex w/door
    Insulation
    Enigma, Incubator
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Posts
    3,680
    Images
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by Norfolk Yeti View Post
    Well needed and received peace and quiet...
    Great to see that your garden testing has paid dividends and you can get out and utilize your kit to enjoy the natural world.

    Very peaceful video.

    I had to look up Chinese Water Deer. Holy moly!
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ) Instagram (me!)

    “To equip a pedestrian with shelter, bedding, utensils, food, and other necessities, in a pack so light and small that he can carry it without overstrain, is really a fine art.” ~ Horace Kephart, 1906

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair 12’
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dynaweb
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    Great to see that your garden testing has paid dividends and you can get out and utilize your kit to enjoy the natural world.

    Very peaceful video.

    I had to look up Chinese Water Deer. Holy moly!
    Impressive tusks indeed!
    The bucks are particularly aggressive towards each other, I’ve had them battling in front of me completely oblivious to my presence.
    They’re also aggressive towards the slightly smaller muntjacs, often pushing the muntjacs out and taking over territory, both being introduced species, it’s a strange irony that they’d compete for territory!
    Thanks for watching, I’m no self promoter or great editor, just capturing the things that make me want to go walking/camping.

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Indonesia, Java
    Hammock
    Dreamhammock sparrow
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    None
    Suspension
    Straps and knots
    Posts
    3
    Great looking trip and some nice spots. As a Norfolk man living far abroad I really enjoyed this as a vicarious trip home.(although perhaps left me a little homesick). Thanks Yeti!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair 12’
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dynaweb
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Redvers View Post
    Great looking trip and some nice spots. As a Norfolk man living far abroad I really enjoyed this as a vicarious trip home.(although perhaps left me a little homesick). Thanks Yeti!
    Glad to bring you some memories...can’t see me wanting to leave the broads...although some foreign warmth would be a tonic right now!!
    What took you to Indonesia?

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Indonesia, Java
    Hammock
    Dreamhammock sparrow
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    None
    Suspension
    Straps and knots
    Posts
    3
    The Broads are a hard place to leave! Fantastic part of the country. Hopefully I'll make it back permanently at some point (if I can convince my wife). I came out to Indonesia looking for work after the financial crisis and found some good opportunities here. It's a great place to be and some of the camping can be incredible but an insect net is essential. Hoping to get my hammock out to some great spots this year if covid allows.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Watkinsville, GA
    Hammock
    Hammeck Netty, Astd. Dutch
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex, TF
    Insulation
    HG,WLSS,JrB,UGQ,LL
    Suspension
    LW straps/Becket
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    Great to see that your garden testing has paid dividends and you can get out and utilize your kit to enjoy the natural world.

    Very peaceful video.

    I had to look up Chinese Water Deer. Holy moly!
    I think I saw something like that on The Flintstones one time!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair 12’
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dynaweb
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Redvers View Post
    The Broads are a hard place to leave! Fantastic part of the country. Hopefully I'll make it back permanently at some point (if I can convince my wife). I came out to Indonesia looking for work after the financial crisis and found some good opportunities here. It's a great place to be and some of the camping can be incredible but an insect net is essential. Hoping to get my hammock out to some great spots this year if covid allows.
    Be cool to see some of your area and wildlife...guessing there’s some nasty critters around!
    Norfolk will always be here for you should you return, look me up for a camp if you do.

  • + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Mid September trip, 2-3 night
      By Scubaguy5 in forum Southeast
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 09-10-2016, 08:16
    2. A 2 Night Trip for a Noob from NYC
      By joejdsn in forum Northeast
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: 01-23-2016, 14:47
    3. Two night trip ideas in Indiana
      By Stay Puft in forum Hangouts, Campouts, and Trip Planning
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: 09-21-2010, 20:59
    4. Sipsey Trip - Thursday night
      By Peg-Leg in forum Trip Reports
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: 11-02-2009, 08:28

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •