Looking for good top quilt around 200ish

I'm going on a backpacking trip in a few months and no longer want to use my mummy bag as I'd rather upgrade to something quality this time. I was wondering what brand are good and what isn't going to break the bank I seen some stuff about simply light designs and was wondering If they are any good.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    unknownshinobi, Welcome to the forum. I’m sure you’ll get some answers here but there is nothing wrong with unzipping your mummy bag till there is about 2 ft left at the foot end for a footbox and using the mummy as a top quilt (TQ). There are so many things to consider and buy (like an underquilt), besides the TQ, you may want to wait on that.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    DW Chameleon
    Tarp
    Tarpless
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie's
    Images
    Any of the cottage mfg's listed on the Forum main page, SLD included, make nice quilts that you will likely be happy with. If you're not counting grams the Hammock Gear Economy line is probably the best value in quilts in terms of cost : performance ratio in my opinion. I can attest HG and Dutch are very responsive and easy to deal with (only omitting others as I've bought all my gear from HG or Dutch).

$200 will get you a nice quilt on the classifieds here as well. Although few go through these days a WTB may rustle a couple offers out of the woodwork.

If you'll ever use it on the ground pay attention to the pad attachment systems. Some get better reviews than others. Also if you are getting a cold bag (as in 20* or less) draft collars are useful but not standard on all quilts. The general product from cottage mfg's is all very high quality these days. Pay attention to the little things that make a difference or peak your interest. Lead time may also play into your selection. Some vendors are still 4+ weeks.

• + New Posts