DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images

Small Aftermarket Hammock Bottle Holder?

I'm looking for a place to store my water bottle at night (usually a 700ml smartwater bottle). I've tried ridgeline organizers and peak shelfs, but neither really works for me. I don't like things hanging over my head. But I don't want to have to sit up to reach into something at the foot end of the hammock to get to my water. Ideally, I just want to reach over to my side like I do at home (water on the nightstand).

I like the concept of the WBBB XLC mesh storage shelf, but I want something removable. I also like the concept of the removable Chameleon mesh sidecar, but I'm not keen on the zipper attachment. And both are really much larger than what I need. I would prefer something much smaller, basically just water bottle sized. I've researched gear slings, gear hammocks, side slings, etc., but they're all much larger than what I have in mind too.

Does anyone know of a small, aftermarket, sidecar-esqe hammock attachment I can affix to a netless hammock to hold my water bottle?

Barring that, has anyone seen a similar DIY project? I've thought about simply sewing a grosgrain tab to the hammock edge and using a 'biner to clip the water bottle to it, but I can't help but wonder whether someone out there has created something more elegant.

I can't believe I'm the only one to ask about this, but apparently the search strings I'm using aren't hitting the right threads. I haven't been able to find any related discussions on the forum.
    ~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Suspension
    DIY Cinch buckles
    You could sew up a simple pocket and attach it to the edge of your hammock with kam snaps.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Possible choice
    Six feet of zingit
    Attach zingit to hammock ridgeline and other end to water bottle
    Put upright water bottle on ground.
    Easy to retrieve water bottle with zingit, and water bottle is out of your way and not pulling the edge of hammock or ridgeline down, due to slack in zingit
    Cheap, lightweight, and not a permanent alteration to your gear, in case it doesn’t work out and you try something else.

Maybe Dutchware Gear has exact solution.

Hammock
    SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Operator, Habanero
    Suspension
    Turtles, Whoopies
    Simply Light Designs sells a simple ridgeline water bottle holder. Mine weighs 2 grams and works quite well.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dscotthep View Post
    You could sew up a simple pocket and attach it to the edge of your hammock with kam snaps.
    I sewed on a pouch for my phone, lighter and whatever else. Not sure I would want pendulous weight of a water bottle, but it would work.

Hammock
    Little Shop of Hammocks
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Suspension
    J Bend
    I second the SLD bottle holder (you could put it on a side hook if you don’t want it attached to your ridge line)

Or there’s this from Dutch https://dutchwaregear.com/product/bottle-holder/

Another solution would be to use a gear sling (sea to summit have one, so do dream). You can hang your hammock coming off one side of the trees (not in the centre), hang the sling from the other side, and reach over to access it, like a shelf.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Grappler View Post
    Possible choice
    Six feet of zingit
    Attach zingit to hammock ridgeline and other end to water bottle
    Put upright water bottle on ground.
    Easy to retrieve water bottle with zingit, and water bottle is out of your way and not pulling the edge of hammock or ridgeline down, due to slack in zingit
    Cheap, lightweight, and not a permanent alteration to your gear, in case it doesn’t work out and you try something else.
    I tried something similar once, but gave it up the first time I tripped over it following a 3am tree watering.
    ~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by grimm0614 View Post
    Simply Light Designs sells a simple ridgeline water bottle holder. Mine weighs 2 grams and works quite well.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMob View Post
    I second the SLD bottle holder (you could put it on a side hook if you don’t want it attached to your ridge line)

Or there’s this from Dutch https://dutchwaregear.com/product/bottle-holder/
    These are closer to what I'm thinking. Just don't want to connect to ridgeline and don't have d-rings or similar connection points on my hammock. I wonder if tarp clips like these would work to fasten the holder to the hammock edge. Anybody tried these for anything? Do you think they would be strong enough to hold a full water bottle?

Hammock
    Little Shop of Hammocks
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Suspension
    J Bend
    You would be better to get a tailor to sew some d rings on your hammock, IMO

Hammock
    Little Shop of Hammocks
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Suspension
    J Bend
    Another suggestion. If you’re just lounging, ie not hiking/camping, perhaps run a ridge line beside or angled across your hammock, and use the SLD bottle holder on that, so that it’s not hanging above you but rather off to the side somewhere?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast