Any current experience with the WM top quilts (astralite / nanolite)?

Although I've just started with hammocks I'm anticipating a favorable experience, especially in our 6 month summer season. Based on the local climate I think that a 40º + top quilt will be ideal for most places from April - September.

I know that there are a ton of options available in this price range, but I really love my Western Mountaineering bags and want to support my local WM dealer as much as I can. Does anyone here have any recent experience with their Nanolite top quilt (rated at 38º)? I know that the original design with the 7D material had some internal condensation issues in the footbox and that these were resolved with a switch to a more breathable (and heavier) 12D outer material. The weight is still super-light at something like 13.5oz for the regular length version.

Would love to hear your feedback on this item. For reference I'm 6'0" tall and have an average build.

I'm not really price-sensitive and don't mind the price premium of the WM products.

Hammock
    DW Chameleon
    Tarp
    Tarpless
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie's
    Images
    If you dont get many responses here, try asking on backpackinglight.com as well. The gram counters and hardcore crowd over there has lots of experience with WM products

I dont have WM quilts, but as you imply they are top notch in pretty much everything they do. I imagine their quilts are no different. Sorry for a non answer

• + New Posts