Hello everyone, thanks for tuning in.
Summer is coming, preparations for backcountry-worthiness in full gear!

I am going back to hammocking for my next trip.
Here is my history:

I started backpacking solo month long trips with a hammock and tarp about 4 years ago.
I had an underquilt for bottom insulation. Some nights i had trouble sleeping comfortably. Although the UQ was rated properly for those night's temp (i think it was a 40 F incubator) i felt chilly at times. Especially troublesome were some windy nights.
Now, in the end of trips, i had got a better understanding of how to cinch and suspend tightly properly the UQ, and it was better a bit. Still felt a bit underwhelmed.

Now, i think a lot of that might have been that i was a beginner. Since then i have advanced reasonably and i am confident that i can set tarp better and choose better places to camp , so i am confident i will have a better time. But i learned early how important is the loss of heat from wind when hammocking.

I then went on for the next two years and tried ground sleeping, with bivy and tarp. I wanted to see how it worked and compare, plus it was lighter and a bit cheaper setup to have.
Now i want to go back to hammocking (at least for the area my next trip will be).
I have learned well the limitation of the bivy: hard to find camp spots.
I wasted many hours looking for proper spots. And i do not hike in trail designated areas, but more wild places, so the ground there is untouched rough.
Finding a place that has proper trees apart for a tarp and then a relatively flat ground for the bivy underneath, is a pain...
I also have appreciated the fact that with the hammock ground does not matter, plus you are not pinched down in a small bivy.

The problems i had with hammocking:
- Too fiddly, i constantly was making adjustments in tree straps, whoopies, UQ slings, tarp tieouts, it was endless... I am a bit of a nerd and try to test whats best... Now i am more skilled at making a camp, so i hope i will not be sweating this as much.
- Wind issue, i still am worried that in bad weather nights, i might not enjoy much, given i do not have a tarp with doors.
- Adjusting UQ, suffice to say this is specific to the model of UQ, but i need to be confident that i can hang an UQ and get a proper seal.

So my question is, now that i will be buying a new UQ to head out there again, what advice you have? Has anything changed in terms of tech in those three years?
I have not been following the scene. What UQ do you recommend that has good suspension?
You still recommend down, or Apex is good enough? And Dutch UP insulation? Is it good?
Any European UQ stores you recommend?

The area of my next trip is north Europe.

Thanks a lot for reading!